Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Fecal stain ID

(6 posts)
  1. itchymama4

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun Apr 21 2019 18:21:18
    #

Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143552997@N07/32720121127/in/dateposted-public/

Is this bed bug fecal staining? it's at the top of my daughters closet. It looks to me to be too big, it's the same feeling as the wood.

2. itchymama4

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Apr 22 2019 6:41:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Can someone please take a look and let me know their thoughts? We're going on 9 months of skin reactions and were moving. I just want to make sure I wont be bringing anything with us. I also dont want to be leaving anything for the next tenants. I've been trying very hard to keep my anxiety down and reminding myself that 9 months is a long time to have never found confirming signs. It's just there are still those people who say they've gone 8, 9 months or even a year before they found confirming signs that leaves me a little concerned. Thank you

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Apr 23 2019 9:35:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It looks more like roach or fly to me but its close enough in appearance to test with bed bug blue.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Apr 23 2019 11:10:43
    #

Login to Send PM

"I've been trying very hard to keep my anxiety down and reminding myself that 9 months is a long time to have never found confirming signs. It's just there are still those people who say they've gone 8, 9 months or even a year before they found confirming signs that leaves me a little concerned. "

There are people that make all kinds of absurd claims about anything possible, but when compared to the vast majority you realize just how far off these claims can really be.

After nine months you would have no problem finding live bed bugs.

5. itchymama4

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Apr 25 2019 5:56:21
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy, thank you. That was my line of thinking too.

David, thank you also. I dont have any bed bug blue and dont have time to get it ordered before moving. Is there another way to test it? Saliva or alcohol? Will it still smear if on wood or would the qtip turn red if its blood?
    Thank you

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Apr 25 2019 6:17:45
    #

Login to Send PM

That is the accurate and reliable way of testing.

I can only advise the best option.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323