Fecal Stain ID

(14 posts)
  1. astrogirl

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Jan 27 2019 22:14:11
    #

Login to Send PM

This appeared on my pillow. Possible fecal stain? Any help would be greatly appreciated

image by lele, on Flickr

image by lele, on Flickr

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Jan 28 2019 2:16:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s is a stain caused by friction not a liquid. If you look at the detail in the example images you can see the stain density and appearance are actually nothing like this.

It may take a while to establish those details in your head so you can call them more easily but it’s ultimately better to obtain those skills then to go through cycles of waiting for the all clear.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. astrogirl

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Jan 28 2019 11:23:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David. I have been studying the images on your site and on this site. I guess it takes time. I'm trying to not jump to the worst case scenario everytime I see something but it's difficult when dealing with the unknown. I wish I had your patience. Lol

4. astrogirl

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Feb 1 2019 11:15:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read that BBs leave what looks like pepper flakes behind but any pics I've seen of their feces looks much larger than that. When I think of pepper flakes, i think of flea dirt. I've def found small dark colored specks in my bed that I can lift with my finger. Can someone confirm the pepper flakes description?

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Feb 1 2019 11:44:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No that’s not correct.

The only times anything that could be described as “pepper flecks” have been present bedbugs were not.

In one cases someone insistance that they were connected and yet all other bedbugs signs were invisible was testing to even my patience.

David

6. astrogirl

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Feb 1 2019 11:53:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the confirmation!

7. astrogirl

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 14:55:17
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I have yet to find an actual live or dead bug, shell or confirmed fecal stain on or near my bed, furniture etc.. Still having skin reactions. I do have very light colored wall to wall carpeting though. Should I consider pulling that up??? If so, where would I even begin to do that? It's been 5 months since my first inspection and still no bbs, only carpet beetles.

8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 15:14:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, this is a simple one: You don't have bed bugs.

There's a near infinite list of possible skin lesion causes, it's certainly not tied directly to bed bugs.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 15:29:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If all you can find is carpet beetles treat for carpet beetles (no need for chemicals) rather than attempting to trying to convince yourself or us that you have invisible bedbugs.

You really can’t go far wrong when you go with the facts?

David

10. astrogirl

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 15:59:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I know. I'm sorry for bothering you guys with this. Why is it so hard for some of us to accept your truths and focus on the more obvious "culprits"? Ugh. I've never even really thought about BBs until I described my symptoms to a friend way back when and they said maybe BBs?? I've been down a black hole ever since. Anyway, I do appreciate you guys even replying to my posts and posts like it even if there is a hard eye roll behind it. Lol 😂
    David, I did read your info on carpet beetles awhile back. I will def go back and reread it. Is it possible for carpet beetles to cause skin irritations at night only?

11. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 16:14:52
    #

Login to Send PM

astrogirl - 12 minutes ago  »  Is it possible for carpet beetles to cause skin irritations at night only?

If the hairs of the larval carpet beetle are in your bedding and you're not a night owl or work third shift, then yes, it could be interpreted in that backwards manner. But if you're asking if the hairs have a timer, then no.

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 16:25:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have seen many cases where skin reactions occurred at night and the only insect traces found ha e been CB larval skins. This would appear to be as a result of the secondary stimuli of body heat causing some people to respond to the hole in the skin left by the larval hair.

As an aside but a piece of the puzzle worth mentioning here is that secondary stimuli link. People who actually respond to bedbug bites in a meaningful and lasting ( greater than 12 hours ) are in the minority. Most people take either pollution, heat, chemical / environmental exposure in addition to the hole left by the insect to cause the reaction. This group of responders is much larger and yet is still not the majority. As it is technically the hole plus the stimuli there is no descernable difference between the difference causes of hole.

If you also read my information on Schrodingers bedbug you can see that the anxiety cycle of bedbugs can become entrancing and attracting to some. You don’t even need to search the forum too far to see examples of Occam defying logic and yet the reality is for a pest controller to have spent the time writing these tools it’s because they are increasingly needed. I may have to reach out to Professor Jordan Peterson for some insight on this one.

Once you have it sorted please update us and please pass the knowledge and education on.

Hope that helps.

David

13. astrogirl

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 16:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I definitely will. I've gone to several different doctors to try to figure this out so I really am trying to look behind BB. I reads the info on carpet beetles and you state to mist the area with distilled water after vacuuming. Do you literally mean go around with a mister and mist the carpet? I do have a humidifier. Will that do the same? Thank you again for the advice.

14. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 16:27:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes literally most the carpet where the vacuum cleaner has been sitting. In essence your cleanse is a spinning electromagnetic motor and as such “throws out” a charge beyond its placement. The other step that makes a huge difference is the “goodsphere” type air guru goers which will also humidity as well.

It’s about removing the fine hairs without adding to the reason why they are attracted to you.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,399 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina