Fecal stain? And saw a tiny dark bug on my hand

(2 posts)
  1. coolcucumber91

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jun 6 2016 13:18:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Basically I saw a tiny very dark colored (couldn't tell if was black or a dark dark brown) crawling on my hand. if I had to choose one, it was black.

Didn't feel the sensation, just saw it. Tried to kill it, and I think I did but I couldn't find the body

It was even smaller than a pin of a needle. Just a tiny speck.

This was during the day. I was at my laptop desk, but it is next to my bed

A spot on my mattress cover. Everything else is clean. Looks b/w a dark red and brown color. But it is tiny, also like a tiny speck.

Any thoughts? Just paranoid

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jun 6 2016 13:38:29
    #

Login to Send PM

The bed bugs which are brown are not that small, so it doesn't sound like a bed bug at all. The smallest bed bugs are 1mm long (look at a ruler) and are clear until they feed, at which point their bodies are red. Subsequent stages of bed bug are brown (and people here have, occasionally, thought they were black) but are larger.

There are probably multiple possibilities, including ticks and mites, but probably lots of the possibilities aren't parasites which bite people.

The spot might be a blood spot if it's red, but blood spots don't prove you were bitten by anything. Sometimes you might have a tiny scratch which bleeds, for example.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,647 posts in 50,007 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop