Fecal question ID needed

(5 posts)
  1. Guineapig

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 11 2016 0:38:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I have a question about fecal matter and need an expert to answer, please.

A few days ago I found a small black dot on my bed. It was perfectly round and smooth, felt kind of hard when I picked it up but not as hard as say a rock. I could pick it up with no problem, it didn't leave any stains on the bed. I put some saliva on my finger and tried to smear it, but nothing happened. I rolled it through my fingers, but nothing came off. I put it on my desk, and then forgot about it.

Today I was cleaning with a microfiber towel, and suddenly noticed three black lines appearing on my desk. I realised it was from the black ball, picked it up and it immediatley smeared all over my fingers. It also "stuck" to the wood, in the sense that I couldn't pick it up without it leaving a stain.

So, I'm wondering if it is possible for bed bug feces to only smear several days later? My desk is right next to the air conditioner so it get's pretty warm, does heat affect fecal matter in any way?

Also, about 5 months ago I stayed at a hostel and found a live bed bug in the bed. Cleaned everything right away. I haven't found any other black spots, shell casing or eggs before now. I did see a small, transparent bug underneath my bed, but it was too fast a for me to catch it.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 11 2016 7:36:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Fresh fecal will smear on your finger. Old fecal can still be flicked off most finished wood surfaces, but on unfinished wood (box frame) it will stain.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. Guineapig

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 11 2016 9:00:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, the thing I'm confused about is that it didn't smear the first time I picked it up? And I pressed it hard against the sheets, then rolled it between my fingers when I picked it up. Would that indicate that it is old fecal matter?

The desk is finished wood and I can gently pick it up with my finger, but if I press a little it smears.

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 11 2016 9:46:49
    #

Login to Send PM

You might try bedbug blue. Keep in mind, if it was from bedbugs, you'd probably be able to find insects. Is the desk adjacent to the bed?

5. Guineapig

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 11 2016 18:49:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't order bed bug blue, unfortunatley.

I found the ball on the bed, then moved it to the desk. I don't think the placement of the desk is relevant, since it wasn't were I found it?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula