(5 posts)
  1. paranoidinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 26 2014 0:20:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello again all,

I first posted about 2 weeks ago after an initial scare with what (probably) was a clover mite of some sort and have posted periodically with the various things I've found in my apartment. (I live in a confirmed infested building complex, so I've been wary this summer; a K9 test on 7/15 said I was clear, but I wasn't around and don't know how thorough they were/have traveled since then.) At the time of the initial scare I did a check of my mattress and did not find anything; since then, I've changed the sheets to a lighter color (a light purpleish/gray, actually the lightest color sheet I have) and, lo and behold, have found some spots under where my pillows lie in addition to on my multicolored quilt/comforter. For what it may be worth, I actually have not once slept in my bed proper since changing the sheets; I've been sleeping on top of the made bed with just a light quilt over me as it's been warm here and my apartment retains heat perhaps too well. This makes me more suspicious that it's bugs, as I have not been laying against the sheets in this area myself (they've been covered with sheet and quilt). I do get random bites on me from time to time (mostly the back of my neck and my upper back) but with mosquitoes running rampant currently it's hard for me to make a gut judgment on what they're from.

The first two photos show the comforter I'm laying on top of; the second two are the fitted sheet under the pillows. As always, somewhat bad camera photos; if clearer is needed, I'll be happy to take better shots later.

Photo Aug 25, 11 46 10 PM by holmesianrhapsody, on Flickr

Photo Aug 25, 11 46 24 PM by holmesianrhapsody, on Flickr

Photo Aug 26, 12 06 19 AM by holmesianrhapsody, on Flickr

Photo Aug 26, 12 06 51 AM by holmesianrhapsody, on Flickr

Thank you all, as always--you've been of great help in my journey into potential bedbugdom in the past few weeks and very patient.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 26 2014 7:41:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related in any of those pictures.

3. paranoidinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 26 2014 19:19:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, KillerQueen--they just come from (apparently) nowhere and make me very paranoid (as I'm sure you guys see all the time), especially when they appear in little groups like on the quilt.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2014 4:10:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You may find it helpful to use the blood spots on sheets primer as a visual reference card:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-blood-spots-on-sheets-primer

Hope it helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. paranoidinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2014 7:42:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David!

Do (reasonably new) fecal spots always smear like that if you touch them, say?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123