Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Fecal ID Please - already fearing the worse. Please help.

(4 posts)
  1. Panicallday

newbite

Posted 12 months ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 17:31:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I am very fearful we have bedbugs again after the horrible anxiety I have had ever since my experience. Long story short - we had them in our apartment from an infested until two years ago. We received chemical treatment the day we found them and three months later we bought a single family house and literally threw out all of our furniture and ran all of Or clothes through the dryer to be careful of knot bringing any with us. We still even have sealed bags in the garage I’m scared to open and it’s been a little over two years. I lost many possessions but it felt better knowing it lowered the risk of transporting them. We never had any concerns when we moved until now.

Early August, I started getting some weird itchy bumps on my hand, where I got bites last time. My husband, who got bit WAY worse than me the first time and how we determined to even check for bugs. He hasn’t had any bites. Since the beginning of August, I have been checking daily and have been waking up with sporadic bumps/marks. I call them bumps/marks because they don’t all itch. Most of them have been red rings with a hard pimple in the middle that is even a little sore. I know we can’t diagnose on bites alone, but it’s what started the search last time. My husband still doesn’t have any bites - you can’t become immune to their bites, right? The fact that he doesn’t have bites makes me a teeny bit hopeful this is something else.

But .... I did find these marks in our bed. They are by my pillow, so near the headboard. One is even on the side of the mattress in line with the headboard. They didn’t smear when I touched them or put water. Are these signs of fecal matter? My husband thinks I’m absolutely freaking crazy and that this is something else but let me ask you ... what else could these black marks be? Talk some logic/sense into me if they really could be caused by something else. I just don’t know what else would do this besides bedbugs if I’m being honest.

There is no way my husband will let me call a PCO unless I see a bug. My anxiety about bedbugs definitely puts a strain on our marriage. So not am I only worried about the bugs but I’m also worried about the lifestyle we will have to live again if we have thm - not having people over, not going to anyone’s house (I didn’t see my grandma for 3 months last time and it was torture. She’s 90- I want to see her as much as I can), and living in constant fear of bringing them to work. Not to mention the cost of treating my whole house.

Anyway, can someone please give me some feedback on what these stains might be from? I’m at the point where I don’t know if I’m going crazy and am thinking any possible thing could be a fecal stain or if there is truly some concern here.

Thank you!

2. tryingforcalm

Posted 12 months ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 17:42:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I am 100% NOT a professional. Please dontpanic. There is simply no way of knowing for sure if those are fecal. I just found a little focker last night. I suspected it for months. I am sure it is not an infestation but it sucks.

Do those spots look a little like ones I have been seeing on my white sheets? Sure. But it just is so hard without finding the bug. I am honestly relieved because I am super allergic, so I find out fairly quickly. Please dont panic. I did and soooooo wish I had 't. It didn't help me keep from getting them (again).

This will be ok. Wait and see

3. tryingforcalm

Posted 12 months ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 17:43:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I am 100% NOT a professional. Please dontpanic. There is simply no way of knowing for sure if those are fecal. I just found a little focker last night. I suspected it for months. I am sure it is not an infestation but it sucks.

Do those spots look a little like ones I have been seeing on my white sheets? Sure. But it just is so hard without finding the bug. I am honestly relieved because I am super allergic, so I find out fairly quickly. Please dont panic. I did and soooooo wish I had 't. It didn't help me keep from getting them (again).

This will be ok. Wait and see.

4. Panicallday

newbite

Posted 12 months ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 17:51:33
    #

Login to Send PM

tryingforcalm - 5 minutes ago  » 
    This will be ok. Wait and see.

Thanks. I’m also panicking because my husband and I are going on vacation next week and his parents are supposed to watch our dog. Our dog sleeps in our bed .. how can I in good consciousness send my dog to their house if I’m fearful we have bedbugs and dont know 100%. Ugh I can’t deal with the bugs and alll the anxiety that accompanies them. My husband thinks Im worrying too much and no way we are not leaving our dog there but I just don’t agree with him. He won’t take it seriously. And since this has been going on for over a month I just want to know. I dont think the PCO will come if bugs aren’t present.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323