Fecal ID please!

(8 posts)
  1. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Dec 8 2018 20:13:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! I had a bed bug infestation some time ago. It was taken care of with heat treatment and we've also moved. I'm no longer getting any bites, not waking up itchy, and not finding any bugs, but I often find new marks on my pillow cases and blankets!

A friend thinks they may be material defects, but I would like an ID just in case!

One issue I had was that although I couldn't confirm it was the bed bugs themselves, I was incredibly allergic to something biting me when we did have them that caused anaphylaxis.

Thank you for your time!

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/rSi56Iv

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Dec 8 2018 22:10:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

None of those images show bedbug signs, one fabric bobbly and others are friction stains.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Dec 8 2018 22:26:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David!

Thank you so much for the response! I really appreciate you being straight to the point, that helps a lot!

I had to look those up, though! Could I possibly ask you which image seems to be fabric bobbly (according to Google this is lint, I've been trying to keep an eye out and clean it off when I can, but I definitely could have missed some), as well as to explain what friction stains are since I can't find any details on that?

The most concerning pictures are 1 and 3 since those show up the most!

Either way, thank you again!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Dec 9 2018 5:04:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Friction stain as in stain deposited through friction / contact between sheet and staining item. Obvious from regular shape and way stain transfers to “peaks” of threads as a dry material rather than as a liquid.

David

5. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Dec 11 2018 14:09:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi again David!

Thank you so much for the responses! I hate to bother further, but does this also look like a friction stain?

https://i.imgur.com/JWplzJph.jpg

This is a brand new blanket, I do believe this mark wasn't on it last night, but it definitely was this morning. If you can confirm it's a friction stains, I can get on the way to determining what's causing it to finally set my nerves at rest!

Specifically the mark in question is the zigzag!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Dec 11 2018 15:20:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The new stain is not caused by friction as there is no direction to it. It has settled on the highs of the material , or appears to but its not like anything I have seen from an organic sources.

I would take comfort in the fact that if you are looking to this level of detail on the rest of the bed its not going to be a traditional or obvious cause because you would have found it.

David

7. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Dec 11 2018 15:35:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,

Thank you again so much! That is indeed comforting to know!

I didn't check yet if this is allowed here or not, so I apologize if not, but are you allowed to accept donations for your time?

I can't spare much, but I would be happy to buy you a coffee, beer or tea as thanks!

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Dec 11 2018 16:34:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There are no rules for or against, we all give of our time as we can but for me the best thing you can do is learn and share what you learn with others. We simply can’t expect to create a long term solution one case at a time.

Equally, I gave up alcohol years ago, coffee earlier this year and only drink an odd blend of black tea and tamarind, otherwise it’s fresh ginger root, boiling water and a squeeze of lemon. As my parents and partners will testify I am the worst person to buy anything for. In part because I even wear identical clothes most days and my trousers are custom made.

It’s why learning and helping others is probably the easy way to pay back and forward.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19