Fecal ID please? [a: not bed bug fecal]

(4 posts)
  1. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 11:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there, so it's been 1.5 months since the last time we got attacked while traveling. Did thorough decontamination of our belongings multiple times in different places (I am extra paranoid), haven't had any issues since then.

Now we're dog-sitting in Mexico and have been in one place for 3 weeks. Getting plenty of mosquito bites and seeing them frequently. Also the dog is in the bed sometimes and sleeps nearby, and I've seen a flea jumping in the bed recently as well as what I believe is flea poop. When I look in the folds of the mattress sides I often see black dried specks which I can blow or flick off (along with dog hair). And, I've gotten several bites that are in pairs of 2 or clusters of three on feet, knees & thighs – but none in the characteristic rows of 3 or 4 that were very consistent the two times I had bb's traveling. (I included 1 photo of a couple pairs of bites on my foot that I found this morning.)

I'm hopeful that my bites are just a mix of mosquitos and fleas. BUT, I found some suspicious markings on the sheet and mattress, some stain of which I think was already washed (sheet) but others I'm not sure. Just on top sheet, not seeing anything on bottom fitted sheet (which is white). The ones on the mattress I don't remember from when we came a few weeks ago. Maybe from dog paws?!?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7dmxvLyEGdQaXMwaWk1ODRhVXc?usp=sharing

Can you please take a look at these stains? Many thanks. In addition to sheet stains there are 2 sets of before & after photos from mattress stains that I then smeared/scratched with a finger then wet finger.

David UK if you see this, can you give me a link to give you a review? Thx!

2. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 22:28:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Well so far the bites seem less persistent than my past bb bites, not really acting the same so far anyway, and also are similar to other single bites in other locations, so maybe they were just overeager mosquitos or fleas...?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 26 2017 10:03:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Non of those images are bed bug faecal.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 27 2017 15:25:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes it does. Bless you!!!
    Danielle

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82