(5 posts)
  1. tweakerangel

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jun 25 2019 22:45:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I battled with bedbugs from December to May in an apartment in NYC. I moved back to mom’s house at the end of May and was very cautious to limit what I brought home with me and treat the few things I did bring. Today, a month into being here, I find these two stains on a fabric nail file case that has been sitting on my bedside table for a few weeks. They are very similar in appearance to the confirmed fecals I found in my bed in my old apartment. The cross shape is definitely concerning. They smeared with touch. I was able to remove much of the color by rubbing at them, but I believe that was due to the fibers rubbing off with friction due to the material of the fabric. I have not found any other fecals, casings, or live samples. A PCO from Orkin came by today and said he didn’t see anything but that one month isn’t a long enough window for signs of a new infestation to be easily detectable.

Image: https://imgur.com/a/HjcYzKI

Thanks all for your help!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 26 2019 8:36:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 26 2019 8:37:52
    #

Login to Send PM

The cross shape is dictated by the surface, not the deposit.

4. tweakerangel

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 26 2019 9:19:25
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Nothing bed bug related.

Thank you so much for your help BigDummy! Cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

Can I ask - what indicates it not being BB related?
    I've learned so much from everyone here at Bedbugger over the past 6 months and would like to continue educating myself.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 26 2019 10:47:33
    #

Login to Send PM

It would be like trying to describe a new color; it's something best seen first hand.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982