Fecal ID, Please?

(8 posts)
  1. datgirl

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 10 2019 7:22:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Found on pillow this morning. I could smudge it with a bit of spit (and did). Concerning because my face has been “breaking out” and I’m worried they could be bites.

I’m trying to stay calm because I’ve found no evidence so far besides skin reactions (which could be due to the carpet and spider beetles that I KNOW I have, but I’m still quite anxious. Wouldn’t I have more obvious signs after four months?

Thanks again for your help.

Picture One
    Picture Two

2. datgirl

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 10 2019 8:03:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I just found these on my comforter, as well. I don’t think it’s bed bug-related, but I have Climb-Ups on my bed, so have no clue what else could cause it.

Picture Three
    Picture Four

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 10 2019 10:02:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything that would make me suspect bed bugs.
    After four months of unchecked growth the infestation should be easy to spot even with the most basic of inspection.

4. datgirl

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 10 2019 10:13:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, BigDummy, for both the ID and the reassurance. I thought I recalled you mentioning that even a cursory inspection would bring up signs after a few months of infestation, and I’m glad to know I remembered correctly.

Thank you again for your time. It’s appreciated.

5. datgirl

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 10 2019 18:26:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m sorry to be a bother, but I had a couple more questions.

1) Was the quality of the photos good enough for identification?
    2) I found a black mark on my comforter before which was determined not to be fecal. Should I still be concerned that I’m finding more?

Thank you again for your time and patience. I know I am probably being paranoid, but I also want to be sure I’m covering all my bases.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 11 2019 7:11:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes the images are clear enough to say 100% this is not bedbugs.

I would suggest you switch your detection to monitoring as visual alone might be feeding your anxiety loop. It’s a cycle that some people can become stuck to as the highs and lows can become addictive at a metabolic level in the same way that some people get with TV shows or books.

Recognising the pattern is the first step to being mindful enough to break it.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  7. datgirl

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 11 2019 11:47:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, David.

Thanks for jumping into the conversation. I think you’re absolutely right that I’m stuck in a feedback loop. I have an anxiety disorder and recognize this same pattern from other things I’ve feared/been worried about. Even though I logically know I don’t have bugs until I see them, any “sign” sends me into a frenzy.

I have been putting off purchasing your passive monitors since I put down a lot of money on Climb-Ups, but I think they would do good for my peace of mind. Obviously, 10 weeks of empty Climb-Ups (spiders, spider beetles, and carpet beetles not withstanding), a negative K9 inspection, multiple negative visuals, and no bugs or skins aren’t enough to convince me that my skin reactions aren’t bed bug related. The monitor feels a bit more definitive than the Climb-Ups and will keep me from tearing my furniture apart and break the cycle of finding things that scare me but ultimately end up being nothing.

Thank you again for your help and patience. You - and the other experts who donate time here - are so appreciated.

8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 11 2019 12:09:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Keep in mind that using something to prove a lack of evidence is much harder to accept than using something to prove a positive. With the positive you have actual tactile proof while proving a negative is more conceptual. Our brains are wired this way.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,416 posts in 48,817 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson