(5 posts)
  1. js2337a

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 1:23:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,
    Still monitoring for bugs as I am experiencing two bites a week ( this past week it picked up to three). In addition to stitching a passive monitor on the head of my box spring I also went and placed cardboard coffee sleeves in the corners between the mattress and box spring (was insides by Lou Sorkin’s photo stream. Is it overkill? Who knows?). Yesterday morning I found the following spots one the corner of a sleeve which was sticking out. They are dried and slight raised (I can feel them with my finger). There were three, but one of them popped off when I scratched at it too hard. Haven’t done a smear test yet.

https://imgur.com/a/C4M0mPH

I feel like a veritable crazy person...

Thank you!

2. js2337a

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 1:27:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Whoops! *sticking, not stitching

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 6:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would smear and retake the image or test with Bed Bug Blue.

Hope that helps.

I would also advise only one harbourage for the fastest detection but it may be that between the mattress and base at the head end is better that the back of the headboard as sometimes that isolates the area if the headboard is fitted low.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. js2337a

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 9:15:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David.

So I tried smearing with saliva. I had a hard time because they where so so small. They didn’t smear but one did dissolve and left a slight brown speck on the qtip.

https://imgur.com/a/Z1HFzp2

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 11 2019 10:58:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No I suspect an artifact on the card.

Faecal smears like this:

wp0_wp2f0669a6 by David Cain, on Flickr

The optimal contrast from the white background helps you see it dissolves readily and smears in a way that shows a gradient of colour with pigment density. Specifically it behaves like an emulsion rather than a dissolved liquid.

That level of detail is not something that people initially unlock but if you take a few minutes to actually look at the fine details of the image you can start to unlock the differences.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82