Fecal ID needed

(3 posts)
  1. jakebogo

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Dec 22 2015 14:58:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! A little over 4 months ago, I discovered I had bed bugs in my couch. I had my apartment treated (with chemicals) 3 times and threw away my couch. I had slept on my couch every night. I had initially been alerted to the problem by the red, round rashes that covered my arms and it all clicked when I found the bugs. 4 months has gone by without a sighting of the bugs and I haven't seen any bites on my body. When I woke up this morning, I found these stains on my mattress cover (a bed bug one that I bought) and they are making me nervous. I don't want to jump the gun, but for the life of me I cannot think of any other explanation for these stains. They appeared quite suddenly and around the area my arm sticks out of my blanket when I sleep. Inspected my bed and mattress and found nothing else. No bugs, no shedding, no spots on the wood or metal frame. Help?

Link to the photos: http://imgur.com/a/tRmmL

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Dec 22 2015 16:33:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs tend to defecate near their harborage, not usually out in the open. If you're finding something you suspect is bed bug related in an odd area then think of the amount of fecal that should be in their harborage area, it should be quite noticeable at this point if there are signs out in the open.
    I don't believe that this is bed bug related.

3. jakebogo

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Dec 22 2015 16:43:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated. At this point they are more of an annoyance than anything, it used to be hard to sleep and now it's just annoying how much money you have to spend on them. My bed frame is all black wood which makes finding the excretion a real pain, but I'll keep an eye out. I just can't imagine where mysterious stains are coming from, especially these rust colored ones. Thanks again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991