Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Fecal ID (incl. blood under bed - strange)

(4 posts)
  1. junebug

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 8 2019 8:06:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear All,

In this topic, I'd like to share photos of suspicious stains I've encountered in the vicinity of my bed. My general question (repeated throughout) is:
    Are bed bugs known to leave marking like these?

1. Fecal stain on sheets.
    First-ever fecal stain on the sheets since I started getting mystery bites 2 months ago - it's fresh, from the previous evening.
    The spot is quite big (1 mm across), seemingly black and flat, but thick in consistency - it hardly shows up on the other side of the sheet.

On the reverse side:

For scale:

Angles:

Under pocket microscope (x24):

2. Black & red stains inside the sofa-bed?
    This cluster is all I've found on or inside the sofa-bed I sleep on. Does it appear BB-like? I'm aware of many different insects crawling around my bed, but I don't know which ones would leave traces like these.

3. Snowman-shaped fecal stain on slanted wall directly above my bed
    After receiving my first bites 2 months ago, I examined every wall and this is the most interesting thing I found back then. It may be very old, though. It was firmly glued to the paint, which came clear off with the fecal matter and the tape. What worries me about this one is the reddish colouring visible around the edges. Does this look like something a bed bug would do?

And last but not least...

4. Strange red streak on hardwood floor below the side of the bed.

To my layman's eyes it looks, as if a bug dragged its bottom back and forth, trying to wipe off the blood it was purging. The dark spot at one end was actually a black flake, firmly stuck to the floor - maybe fecal matter?
    My question is: has anyone seen anything like this in connection to BBs? Would a tick or a mosquito do such a thing? There's a slight chance, that I squished something with the leg of my sofa-bed while moving it around, but the pattern of the red lines suggests a back and forth movement - I would not move my bed like that. Please help - this is the most gruesome and disconcerting sign of all, over which I have been racking my brain for over a month now. I know blood is not evidence - sorry if this breaks an unspoken rule of the forum - but maybe this will look familiar to someone?

Up close:

This is a lot. I'm sorry that I couldn't keep it more concise. I will patiently await any response.

To have at least half of these looked at by someone experienced would take so much pressure off of me during these hard times. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 8 2019 8:47:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Non of that is bedbug faecal or bedbug related.

The red streak does not appear to be blood either.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 8 2019 8:48:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Wait for David, but nothing looks bed buggish to me.

Black stain on sheets should bleed in the fabric if fecal.
    Spot on wood not consistent with fecal on Wood.
    The rest is definitly not bed bug related. Last stain for example is violet.

4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 8 2019 8:48:12
    #

Login to Send PM

David was faster

5. junebug

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 8 2019 10:49:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear David and Mawiwala,
    Thank you both for taking a look at my photos.
    I'm officially at ease - hopefully for good.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081