Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Fecal ID help [expert stain ID needed]

(5 posts)
  1. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 30 2017 15:04:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I was hoping an expert could help me ID the fecal I've found in my book case?

I noticed it today. There are little black specks on nearly every one of my books. They smear when you wipe them. I also found them on the shelves of the book case.

I've had mice before in the past, but there are no droppings on the ground. Nor in the pantry. Could it be: silverfish? Roaches? Bed bugs? No bug sitings so far- just a hundred of these droppings.

<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can zoom in. Thank you very much for your help

-D

2. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 30 2017 16:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my god, sharing this because this is what paranoia can do..

So when my partner got home, he noticed that that the majority of the small black specks were coming from the next room (the dining room). It turns out he left a candle burning down all night & the window open- and the char from the candle somehow blew these little black specks into the living room book case. And it got all over the the tops of the books. It sounds unlikely- but that's seriously looks like what happened. Wow

3. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 30 2017 19:00:04
    #

Login to Send PM

If an expert could still help weigh-in if they think these actually could be fecal, I'd appreciate very much. Thanks!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Oct 1 2017 22:00:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hang on-- very few experts do stain IDs. Hopefully you will get a response on Monday.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Oct 4 2017 18:49:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Refreshing this for an ID.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081