Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Fecal id and Bed bug blue result verification

(6 posts)
  1. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 10 2016 21:15:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I literally feel like running away somewhere. After 42 days of no fecal, no bug sighting and some suspicious bit marks, I saw fecal on the wall near the today. I happened to see it by chance as it was so tiny and blended well with the small pin holes I have on the wall. I was comfortable on the bed talking on the phone thinking I am now bed bug free and my eyes went on this tiny black mark that I just because of habit touched with my finger and to my complete dismay it smeared.

Here are the photos: http://imgur.com/a/89t5x

There are two more such fecal marks on the wall about 1-2 feet away from these ones. I am pretty sure its fecal but I tested bed bug blue. I maybe just trying to not face reality but the BB blue results are not 100% . Can someone please comment: http://imgur.com/a/Q4j42

The middle one does look a little bluish but not as much as the sample. Can someone please confirm?

I am still trying to figure out whether its new or maybe two months old. I read somewhere probably from David's post that fecal on wall will smear even after years?. Any comments?

I thought it was over but this just brings me to square one.

2. distressed

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 10 2016 21:33:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I really hope and pray for you that its either not bb fecal or of it is that it is old. Can I ask you, I'm curious, I can't really tell from the pictures but did it smear jet black or did it have a tint to it? I'm asking just to increase my knowledge.

3. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 10 2016 22:12:27
    #

Login to Send PM

It did not smear jet black. I think the picture shows the contrast. The smeared portion is light.

4. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 11 2016 17:34:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope someone can comment on the spots. Do they look BB like? I understand commenting on BBB test may be difficult. But please feel free to skip that part of the question.

5. player

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 12 2016 6:45:00
    #

Login to Send PM

The results look positive on BBB. Though being on the wall could be fly poo or other blood insect poo! If found nothing on bed or sheets for the time you mention it should be all clear . Oh! maybe it's old fecal you just discovered or previous treatment may have caused them to poo where you saw it but died.

6. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 12 2016 20:08:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks player. I was desperate and hence sent an email to David Cain who was involved in the making of this kit. He replied back saying that this does not seem to be a positive test. He thinks the spot color has transferred rather than the actual positive test which is clear blue.

I was surprised that David replied and promptly. David and all other experts in this forum are unbelievably helpful. Thank you so much. You guys keep us going.

player - what makes you think its positive?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail