(7 posts)
  1. brzoserr

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 9 2019 0:28:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello.
    1 month ago I saw something on my bedsheet and it looked like a blood from feeded bed bug (I know what to look for because 2 years ago we had bed bugs). In the next 2 weeks I saw it 2 times more but what was interesting that i could almost make it gone with my finger and little bit of water and in the washing mashine it was completely gone. 2 weeks ago I was serching my bed (its a sofa bed so it is difficult to search all of it) and I saw a bug. In the beggining I thought it was a nymph because it Was like a 1mm long and comletely white (when i put my finger on it there was no sign of it anymore) but i couldn't find anything more. Later in that day in the kitchen i saw like a 5 of bugs which looked the same liike a previous one in my bed and when i started searching i found out it war probably book louse (it was also gone after putting my finger on it). Place in the kitchen when i found this is apart from my bed with a wall, but both my bed and this place are touching the wall.
    And since then (2 weeks ago) there are no signs on sheets, no blook or anything.
    And just one more thing why i think it could be bedbugs in our bed, i found those marks which looked like a fecal in the place where we put our sheets.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/184337096@N03/
    Those marks are so much smaller then i remember when i saw it 2 years ago and what is strange, those are on the side where our legs are, not the head.
    And also i can smear it with my finger, even without a water or salvia.
    Oh and one more thing, there are no signs of bites on my girlfriend. I never had any bites but she had lots of it, now there is nothing.
    Well, I will be happy to hear what you guys think about it. Thank you

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 9 2019 1:33:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The image is not faecal. It’s too homogeneous black and dusty.

If you look at the example images you will see clear differences.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. brzoserr

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 9 2019 1:38:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your quick response.
    So you think that this bug in my bed could be a book louse or another bug? Or is it possible it was a bed bug nymph?

4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 9 2019 2:45:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds more like something else if there were that many in the kitchen.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 9 2019 3:53:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Without a picture you are asking me to guess. I don’t / can’t guess and would encourage others not to either.

I would suggest you monitor as the most efficient way to confirm the signs of bedbugs.

David

6. brzoserr

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 18 2019 15:21:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, it's me again.
    This time without any photo but I do have a question. Just like a 2 hours ago when I was sitting in my bed (it was 8 p.m where I live) I felt something on my forehead so I took it with my finger and I saw a bug. I have no idea what was it, it looked little bit like a bed bug (light brown color, with black dot on the bottom) but it had a really large antenna (or just looked like antenna but was something else) and it was dead. It was little bit of blood but it was from the head of this bug. My question is, is it possible to kill a bed bug so easily? Maybe it just ate, I don't know. And one more thing, bug was maybe 3mm long and more rectangle shape than square.

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 18 2019 15:56:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Vague descriptions and generalized terms do far less than a good photo.

Can you kill a bed bug with your finger?
    Yes, I've done it hundreds of times.

Given enough pressure I bet I could kill a rabbit with a finger.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19