Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Fact vs. Myth thread?

(4 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 20 2014 14:01:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I found the 'Bed bug myth busting thread' but I didn't know if there were more? I have come across a lot of information (the more specific it is the less likely it seems) like 'Once they spray the bugs will die as soon as they walk across it (the dry spray)' and 'If it's plastic they can't walk up the side or live on it' and 'They will live in the upper right of your mattress/couch' and other such things. I didn't know if there was a collection of 'Q&A' I could look through.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 20 2014 14:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Also was just told over the phone that putting something in an oven on 250 was instant death after 5 minutes. I'm not sure I want to bake too much but would that work for say, books? Sorry if i'm asking too many questions. Ha! It's just crazy how much people have come up with on their own to destroy these b*****ds.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 20 2014 14:24:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Paper is a great insulator, so it can take a bit more to properly heat thoroughly. An oven is of course a very, very, very bad idea unless you were to put the book in a Pyrex pan and cover it in cheese and meat sauce.
    Fanning the book out a bit when heating in a PackTite is the best I know of for DIY home use.

4. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 20 2014 14:42:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll be saving my meat and cheese for the pasta in my pantry. Lol. I can't afford the Packtite so I will just seal the books up with the Nuvan strips in the basement with everything else. Thanks for helping clarify that little 'information' gem I was given.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,004 posts in 49,869 topics over 154 months by 21,823 of 22,291 members. Latest: Lzrdeyes, bnorth, Nl9045