Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Ezcema mixed with bites check - (photos)

(4 posts)
  1. jimb5140

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jun 25 2008 12:48:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you guys think these are bed bug bites? They're so tiny, and they blend so much with my ever present eczema that really flares up during the summer. (its always been that way since I was a baby)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27981442@N02/2610362419/
    You can click on the side for more photos from the same stream.

Update on me, this is my second apartment with bed bugs I was able to convince my landlord to get treatment not just for my entire apartment, but also the downstairs units as well. They did a really thorough job using residuals, egg sterilizers, and lots of a improved version of Mother Earth D. They also said that the downstairs residents had it pretty bad. He said he found tropical bed bugs, (bat bugs) which are native to florida and are much more aggressive. Where they will even venture out in broad daylight to bite. Described as the longer version of the species, as opposed to the fatter ones we commonly.

I've had 2 treatments, and then I felt I was still getting bit. So I brought him back for another, and I showed him my bites, and he told me these were not bed bug bites, perhaps dust mites, or an allergic reaction to the pesticide. Now I do have pretty sensitive skin, in those photos you can see my skin is quite dry. And he said that if I was still getting bit, that I would DEFINITELY see at least one, which I havent. Some blood smears on the bed, but I figure that comes a lot from me scratching open blisters at night because I scratch a lot at night as well, enough to make em bleed open.

He sprayed the apartment with an egg sterilzer again and assured me that I was not being bit by the bugs. He insists my bites would be more inflamed and circular, and that nothing would have survived his treatment. While I beleive he was quite thorough, and I really want to believe him, I woke up this morning with all these additional bites you see here. So I have to wonder if he's not informed enough of bites, or am I just refusing to let this go after dealing with it for almost a year.

One problem with the downstairs was that they didn't do the prep work, they were a last minute transaction approved by my landlord. These are residents who are living entire families to one room, and don't seem to care enough about the problem. And I know that b-bugs do travel upwards, but its been 2 months. I WOULD SEE AT LEAST 1 RIGHT? Also, I stopped seeing the blackish poop a month ago.

let me know what you guys think.

2. lil_bit_obsessed

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jun 25 2008 13:10:25
    #

Login to Send PM

i have eczema, and that looks exactly like my skin reaction when i was using DE. my skin went craaaaazy, was crazy sensitive to it. i've had eczema since a baby as well, and had a really bad breakout of it when there was DE and pesticides being used in my apt.

the photos are a bit blurry so it's hard to tell whether or not there may be bites in there too, but it sounds as if your skin might be reacting to other things as well. i understand how frustrating it is, it can be hard to know.

3. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jun 25 2008 15:05:19
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can tell if these are bed bug bites.
    See Lou Sorkin's images on flicker.

4. jimb5140

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jun 28 2008 21:23:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Im deciding that all the scabs and marks I've been seeing it probably my usual outbreak of ezcema. After viewing some images of peoples ezcema on flickr I feel that mine is quite similar in nature to their outbreaks, as I usually get pretty bad flareups in the summer being allergic to heat, sweat, dander, nearly everything. Its also possible that my skin may be reacting to all the DE and pesticides that are still coated around my room.

Otherwise with all these itchy blood spots and break outs, if any of them were bites I would think to see at least 1 live bug, somewhere, around my bed, or the walls or something. Or at least see that sticky black poop on my white sheets, walls, ect. And despite numerous inspections and randomly searching throughout the night with my mag light for bugs, not a single live bug has been spotted.

I will continue to monitor sheets, perform inspections, and keep everything sealed up for a while. THe first sign of a bug I will call the PCO back in a heart beat. If I am free than its a matter of mentally detaching myself from this finally. In July it will officially have been 1 year since I first saw them teaming at the back of my air mattress in my old apartment.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls