(5 posts)
  1. iamscared

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 17:29:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I will try to keep this short.

I am a student in England, and I am extremely clean-conscious and have always been scared of insects in general.

I am living in my current place for a year now. I just got back from my summer vacation few days ago, and I changed my bedding 2 days ago... and then this happened.

* There was a dead bug on my bed, I took it on my hand (no idea how I got so brave) inspected it and tossed it out the window (I think....)

Later that night, I saw the same looking bug (I am guessing it's the same cause it looked way too identical - so not sure if I tossed it out) on top of my suitcase. I am 100% certain that it must have landed there while I was shuffling the bedding cause it wasn't there before that.

This time I got extremely scared, and started googling and ended up here, but at that moment I didn't think to save it, and went ahead and flushed it down.

I am SO worried now, and nervous to just be in my room. Of course you can't help me out without a photo but I can give a brief description from what I remember.

The bottom was black, I don't remember seeing any stripes.. it had a short translucent flap sticking out (like a wing) and I think it was dead very long ago, cause when I crushed it under a paper well nothing came out or happened to it.

I checked my "cream white" sheets today and saw blood spot, but I think it might have been something else because it seemed "fresh blood" like in the powerpoint.

I am not sure what I can or should do now! Should I go ahead and go on a full inspection, or should I wait and see for any other signs?

Thank you.

PS. I've decided to not take my clothes outside the suitcase until I am 100% sure there are no problems.

2. iamscared

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 18:59:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh btw, the bug I found was fairly large. I would say very close to 1 cm - if that's any help.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me any signs to look for before informing the building office or someone (just to be sure and confirm before getting on a big procedure).

Thank you.

3. diesel

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 22:56:46
    #

Login to Send PM

If you could catch another one and post a picture that would be great. Also, if you live in England, you contact a bed bug expert like David Cain. He is an expert on this site and deals with only BB's and has helped countless people.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 23:14:26
    #

Login to Send PM

1 cm and black does not sound like a bed bug. Try to get a photo if you see another. Look closely at these photos.

Don't panic. People find bugs in their beds all the time which aren't bed bugs. And most people who come home from a trip don't bring bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. iamscared

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 3 2011 4:53:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the comments everyone. I feel EXTREMELY stupid about flushing it down without taking photos or comparing it against photos on the web.

I am inspecting the bed every time before I go to sleep, and when I wake up. I will also give it 7-10 days before a careful inspection of the mattress, and the bed frame etc. I realise I could seem panicky, but I am just horrified by the thought - and I must say it's all that's in my mind right now.

Thank you once again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,661 posts in 50,010 topics over 154 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me