Exterminator coming Monday?

(3 posts)
  1. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 7 2012 20:34:03
    #

Login to Send PM

My landlord called me Wednesday evening to say that he spoke to someone, and they would come to "spray" my apartment whenever I wanted. I found this odd. He didn't mention anything about prepping and the like. Also, I asked him who is coming (their name, the company name, what they use, etc.). His response: "Oh, I actually don't know the name of the company. I'll have to call them, and get the number, and then give it to you". I thought it was whatever, I just figured he looked it up on Google, and maybe he legitimately didn't remember the name. He has not called me back since. I don't know what I should do. Should I just hope he's being truthful, and let this person in my apartment Monday if he doesn't give me the name of the company he's using? Is it "unethical" for me to ask him who he's using? I did tell him I wanted to know what chemicals will be used, as I have 3 cats. I don't see why it would be such an issue to tell me the name of the company he's using.

2. NorthEast

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 8 2012 9:32:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Tell him you would like copies of the material safety data sheets for the products being applied. You could also ask for a copy of the PCO's applicator license and the PCO is required to leave a service ticket stating the product name, amount used, where it was applied and for what pests.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 8 2012 22:18:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, agree with all that.

And your landlord should understand that you need to know who's coming to do a service in your home.

Here in NYC there were some thieves who were showing up at peoples' apartments and claiming they were sent to treat for bed bugs-- when, in fact, they were robbers.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,801 posts in 50,042 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen