Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Extermination Recommendations in Indianapolis, IN

(4 posts)
  1. Ughhh

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 3 2012 14:42:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I am looking for recommendations for exterminating companies in Indianapolis. Cost aside what is the best treatment? I've read the thermal and freezing treatments seem to be the best options but are they really? And if so which one is better? I am just looking a for a quick way to get rid of bed bugs for good.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 3 2012 19:12:14
    #

Login to Send PM

A user named Toledo in this thread used Gold Seal which does thermal treatments in Indiana (and Toledo claimed their prices were lower than other heat providers also).

Heat, done properly, is a one-shot deal (some firms seem to cover themselves by adding a residual or dust).

Vikane gas fumigation is also a one-shot treatment.

Freezing (a.k.a. Cryonite brand) tends to need multiple applications since its a contact killer and they have to hit every bug/egg directly.

According to their website, Gold Seal also does traditional treatments.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BedBugMurderer

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 3 2012 19:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in the Indy area also. Gold Seal is the only company I could find that uses the thermal treatment. I couldn't find any that specifically mentions they use Vikane fumigation. If money weren't an issue, and my landlord had agreed, I would have gone with Gold Seal.

My landlord has now agreed to foot the bill, and she has chosen "her people", Terminix, off of 74th St. They have an overall B rating on Angie's List, although I couldn't find any reviews on their success with bedbugs. They CLAIM they only have to treat once, in 90% of the cases, using a combination attack of chemicals, steam, and freezing, tailored individually to each case. I am moving in a couple of weeks (I had planned to before finding out we had bugs), and they've agreed to transfer the contract to my new residence, and come out and treat my new place anytime from 14 days after the initial treatment here, up to 90 days, at no extra charge, even if I don't see a bug. This gives me a LOT more peace of mind in moving, and the fear of carrying our problem with us. They are also including mattress encasements in the cost. Initially they were only going to treat 3 rooms (LR, and 2 BR's), for $800, but I requested they treat the dining room and laundry room as well, for an additional $100 per room.

Our problem is a mild one, so hopefully this company will work for us. They SEEM to know what they're talking about, but I'm a skeptic, until I see for myself that these little buggers are gone for good. Thought you might like to know about them, in case the other method proves too expensive. Good luck!

4. Ughhh

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 15 2012 9:51:31
    #

Login to Send PM

BedBugMurderer - 1 month ago  » 
    I live in the Indy area also. Gold Seal is the only company I could find that uses the thermal treatment. I couldn't find any that specifically mentions they use Vikane fumigation. If money weren't an issue, and my landlord had agreed, I would have gone with Gold Seal.
    My landlord has now agreed to foot the bill, and she has chosen "her people", Terminix, off of 74th St. They have an overall B rating on Angie's List, although I couldn't find any reviews on their success with bedbugs. They CLAIM they only have to treat once, in 90% of the cases, using a combination attack of chemicals, steam, and freezing, tailored individually to each case. I am moving in a couple of weeks (I had planned to before finding out we had bugs), and they've agreed to transfer the contract to my new residence, and come out and treat my new place anytime from 14 days after the initial treatment here, up to 90 days, at no extra charge, even if I don't see a bug. This gives me a LOT more peace of mind in moving, and the fear of carrying our problem with us. They are also including mattress encasements in the cost. Initially they were only going to treat 3 rooms (LR, and 2 BR's), for $800, but I requested they treat the dining room and laundry room as well, for an additional $100 per room.
    Our problem is a mild one, so hopefully this company will work for us. They SEEM to know what they're talking about, but I'm a skeptic, until I see for myself that these little buggers are gone for good. Thought you might like to know about them, in case the other method proves too expensive. Good luck!

Yes we went with terminix because Gold Seal apparently had no opening for like 2 weeks and my mom refused to do a heat treatment in the home worried about all the wood in it and she didn't want to damage the structure. So the house was treated with the former renters and infestees in the home we went with the freezing/pesticide route and after they moved out we set up a co2 dry ice monitor. We did not catch any however we found 3 dead ones on the floor of the said to be only infested room and one live and disoriented one that seriously looked lost/confused/mentally challenged and so we set up the dry ice monitors again the next night and didn't catch anymore or see anymore dead ones on the floor. But we caught the what seemed to be mentally challenged one in a water bottle and kept it and Terminix came back out and it turned out the same guy who treated the first time treated the second because he was closest to our house in the area and so he went through sprayed again and further apologized to my mom saying, 'Oh I'm the one that treated your house the first time I'm really sorry I thought I got them all." We are moving in today so I hope all goes well and there are no more. However bedbugs were already my biggest fear before finding out the former renters had them do to the show "Infested" and now it's safe to say I'm going to be OCD living in this house.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47