experts! ID Needed asap...fecal?

(8 posts)
  1. bugscare

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 19 2013 18:08:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Bites started 2 months ago, my dad found bugs on my mattress so panicked and tossed it (I know...wasn't the smartest thing to do. They were concentrated on the side connected to the wall at the end of the bed (so my leg was being bit all the time). My dresser was next to said bed. I stopped getting bit for about 2-3 weeks after the mattress was out, but now I'm finding small black specks in my dresser (third drawer from bottom) and as of today on one piece of my clothing (at least one that I could find, it was white). the clothing was on the opposite side of the bed (other end of the dresser) My parents keep saying that they're gone and that i'm imagining things, but i'm pretty sure these specks weren't there a couple days ago...

On my dresser (ikea wooden, likely coated for protection):
    before smear: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102382788@N06/9826824004/
    After i tried to smear it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102382788@N06/9826919013/

On white/creamish colored pants:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/102382788@N06/9826842436/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/102382788@N06/9826914713/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/102382788@N06/9826831465/

Please help me ID...I'm about to go nuts thinking the stupid bed bugs are "not here" but they actually are.

2. NY Bug Man

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 19 2013 19:43:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Its tough to tell by just looking at pictures, but ill go out on a limb and say about 90% chance that is bed bug fecal.

Where are you sleeping now?

3. bugscare

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 19 2013 19:50:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Im sleeping on a aerobed in the same room straight on the carpet. I found a nymph (i think maybe a couple days after i started sleeping on the aerobed on the bed and a non-fed (or perhaps one that walked over DE) one under the bed, but that's been about it. Haven't seen a live one since and that was about 3 weeks ago. no new stains on the bed or pillow either...just on the dresser.

4. bugscare

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 19 2013 22:24:27
    #

Login to Send PM

to add, i took apart the drawer that the pants and the black speck was on, but found nothing...no marks on the actually crevices of the drawer nor nearby on the actual dresser.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 20 2013 7:17:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This is one you want to test with bedbug blue it has a lot of the visual indications of faecal but something about it is "just not quite right". As I cant examine it in person the next best thing is to use a diagnostic test.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  6. bugscare

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 20 2013 14:50:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you able to describe what the "just not quite right" part is David? I've already wiped the speck on the dresser clean, but not the specks on the clothing? will Bed bug blue work on the clothing?

Also, I couldn't find anywhere that sells the Blue in stores? are they available in stores in the states?

Thanks.

7. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 20 2013 18:42:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like fecal traces to me. Also, could have been there but you only just noticed it now.

8. bugscare

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 20 2013 18:57:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Killerqueen, I hope so too...but the paranoid side of me isn't agreeing (at least with the pants part). I know the dresser speck is new, I made sure to wipe everything clean a few days before.

Still looking every so often in the drawer to see if i catch anything live..nope. I put as a thin layer of DE all round the outside and inside floor of the dresser. hpefully when it comes out to feed, the bug will step on it. I did find a dried looking bug that was flat and didn't look like it was a cast (no hole that the bug popped out of or head/legs) so I'm hoping it was from walking through the DE and drying up

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

289,801 posts in 48,431 topics over 150 months by 21,318 of 21,695 members. Latest: jeezlouise, paranoidmuch, stormfox888