Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Experts, Anyone - Please give me your advice...I need help

(3 posts)
  1. mam417

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 15:52:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I can't believe I have to post here at all. I've been going thru this for so long, I'm truly exhausted. I was infested in or about Jan 2010. I was living with friends, and they were NOT happy that I brought them there (I know I did, there is no question) (I actually came on here back then, under a different - and more pitiful - screenname). Anyway, we sealed everything and I thought I had been meticulous in making sure there were no bugs in the bags (drying, Nuvan, throwing out what couldn't be treated in this way, I was on a mission and did not leave any stone unturned). Or so I thought.....Fast forward to Apr 2011...I move into a new apartment. I bring my things, some of which are still sealed in bags. Apparently, one of those suckers eluded my (verging on OCD) decontamination. I was re-infested at my apartment. I know it was me because the landlord never had them (had it checked by dog). I also know because the dog only alerted on my bed - and on one of my bags. Had treatment. Dog cleared me. GOT REINFESTED - could not figure out wth happened. Was still in guaranty period, so they re-treated and cleared me again. Started to get bitten again. Dog came three different times, and cleared me all three times. Exterm thinks it's happening at work (I work in NYC and started at a new location during treatment). Guaranty ran out. Now I'm being bitten again. I tried to do the passive monitor thing, but after being bitten for the third time in like six days, I literally had a full-blown anxiety attack and couldn't take it anymore (sorry David). I call a new exterm, because the other people think I'm insane. A new dog alerted in three different spots in my apartment. OMFG. Having 1st treatment next week. There will be a total of three treatments. But my landlord's place (this is a two family house) won't be treated. As i said, I had the dog check up there on numerous occasions, and he was always clear. The last time I had it checked, the ll's wife threw a FIT. She completely freaked out and said "how long is this gonna take? Why isn't this taken care of yet?" etc etc...The next time the dog came, the ll did not want me to check in his place. I got it, the poor woman was beside herself (she has two small kids, that's why I was so worried). Anyway, my question is - my car recently broke down. I have absolutely NO way to bring all my things to the laundymat. My dryer barely makes it to 120 (I checked with the thermometer), so it will take hours of drying to dry all my clothes. And most of what I own are pumps and suits...I Nuvan stripped them before. I'm probably going to purchase a Pack-Tite (should have done it sooner). But here is my absolute, total, complete fear - what if I do it again? What if I close up one of those horrific beasts in one of my bags again? I feel that if I bag everything, but leave it open, any bugs will come out, cross poison, and DIE. The exterm's rep, in response to my question, said it was up to me whether to seal the bags or not, although their sheet says to seal. I really don't want to seal, I want anything in there to come out to eat me and DIE. Also, I am petrified beyond the point of being able to sleep that the bugs will go upstairs and bite the children. Really - I've literally gotten on my knees and prayed to God that this won't happen. It's bad enough I have to endure this nightmare, I cannot imagine imposing it on anyone else, and especially not on children. The walls here are BRICK - can you believe? That's what drew me to this apartment, it's so beautiful....now it may as well be a tomb. SO sorry this is so long-winded. This is an amazing group of incredibly helpful people. I would very much appreciate the input of someone who could guide me to do the right thing so I can get rid of these things once and for all. I haven't slept normally since April...Thank you so much.

2. ithappened

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 16:53:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Not an expert by any stretch, just a fellow NYC resident battling the bugs, but I think you shouldn't stress as much as you are about them getting upstairs. I have the same fear - as horrible as it is to go through myself, I would feel even worse if I were to spread it to others.

But as I understand it, when they do spread from apartment to apartment, it is mostly within the same floor. It would have to be a pretty bad infestation for them to be moving along to other floors. And while you haven't beaten them yet, take some comfort in the fact that you are making progress.

Also, it sounds like maybe that first dog might be ready for retirement.

3. mam417

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 17:25:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for making me laugh, ithappened , at least a little, with your dog comment. I've combed this site and tried to find out how easily they spread - my brain sees that you may be right, but my (paranoia, fear, insanity, etc) is certain that they are already up there, although since there are five people living there I would think one of them would have reacted by now (combined with the fact the dog NEVER alerted up there...). Actually, I live in NJ, but work in NYC, although considering my situation, doesn't really seem to matter. Thanks for your insight, and good luck with your own battle!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,817 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs