(7 posts)
  1. PerpetuallyParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Oct 6 2019 4:52:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I found these two in books that have been by my bed. The older cast skin type thing was found in a diary which was also by my bed in an old property where I had bed bugs. The mpre concerning image is the black crushed bug.

Bug ID Needed https://imgur.com/a/EggvNhM

Extremely grateful for advice or ID.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Oct 6 2019 9:10:26
    #

Login to Send PM

PerpetuallyParanoid - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I found these two in books that have been by my bed. The older cast skin type thing was found in a diary which was also by my bed in an old property where I had bed bugs. The mpre concerning image is the black crushed bug.
    Extremely grateful for advice or ID.

Nothing to do with bed bugs but not exactly sure what black one is. The other is a carpet beetle larva shed skin.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. PerpetuallyParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Oct 6 2019 9:19:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Lou,

Thanks so much for your reply. That is consistent with the other advice I've had. Just out of interest what are the things that make the black one definitely not a bed bug? Ideally I want to get better at spotting them myself so I can rule things out quicker.

Thanks again!!

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Oct 6 2019 9:23:07
    #

Login to Send PM

PerpetuallyParanoid - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi Lou,
    Thanks so much for your reply. That is consistent with the other advice I've had. Just out of interest what are the things that make the black one definitely not a bed bug? Ideally I want to get better at spotting them myself so I can rule things out quicker.
    Thanks again!!

Wrong color, wrong body parts. Just look at bed bug pictures and you'll see the black one really doesn't look like a bed bug.

5. PerpetuallyParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Oct 6 2019 9:53:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so so much.

6. PerpetuallyParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Oct 7 2019 18:16:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi again Lou. I don't suppose you can identify bites can you? Is it possible for bed bug bites to have a white head like a spot would?

7. BedBugsLondon

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Oct 8 2019 12:15:34
    #

Login to Send PM

While I trust Lou implicitly on his insect identifying super powers, nobody can identify a “bed bug bite” because there is no such thing as a universal response to a bite.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as employee of the patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations.

For those that are curious, yes it can be challenging working for David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,636 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback