(4 posts)

Tags:

1. Easemymind2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 25 2018 0:17:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, here is the quick run down. In August I had multiple clusters of bites one morning, went to check my bed that night, found a live bed bug. We got inspected, confirmed, and treated within 7 days. The inspector barely found any signs but treated as a precaution and since I found a live one. During both treatments, he never saw a live bug and seemed positive we no longer had an issue. He sprayed twice, two weeks apart from each other. I had a few residual bites after that, but since the sprays in august/early September, I haven’t had any clustered bites, no blood on sheets, no felt marker like stains, etc. I will be honest and say I slept on an aerobed for nearly 2 months out of pure fear to sleep on my mattress again (note, was always covered with a bed bug mattress cover, and is now doubled up on mattress covers). When I finally slept in my own bed, I bought ClimbUp post interceptors. They have been on for about 3 weeks now, and today I cleaned them. I’ve been inspecting them every 1-2 days and seeing nothing but dirt and debris. HOWEVER, there is a small post in the middle of my bed that I’m not able to inspect daily. So when I cleaned it today was the first time I’ve really inspected it since installing it. The picture I post here is from that interceptor. All other interceptors on the bed (6 others) seemed fine. Maybe one other one had one of these in them, but nothing like this one.

I have no other signs of bed bugs. But I’m also attaching a photo of some marks on my ceiling. I am unsure if they were there before the treatment or if they’re new.

Also please note I’ve been almost neurotic about being careful about bed bugs since this. No bags or anything touch my bed, I spray down any bags with alcohol that touched the subway, I have been garbage bagging my dirty clothes, doing laundry weekly instead of biweekly, etc.

Ease my mind, please!

Far shot:
    Close up:
    One ceiling spot:
    Second ceiling spot:

Thank you in advance!

2. Easemymind2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 25 2018 0:19:17
    #

Login to Send PM

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 25 2018 7:59:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Samples in monitor are booklice.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Easemymind2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 25 2018 10:05:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you SO much, Lou! You have no idea how much of a relief that is.

I can do my own research, but was wondering if you have any idea why they would only be in one monitor, and none of the others?

As for the spots on the walls, do those look like bed bug fecal matter? They could be old, but would like a positive ID if possible so I know what to look for!

Thank you again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo