Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Expert ID, Please!!! (dead bug)

(8 posts)
  1. nervousness

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 16:08:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I was about to finally set up our study room,which had been unoccupied since moving in about six months ago. (There was furniture in it, but we were never in there. ) While about to vacuum the crevices where the wall meets the carpet,I came upon a live carpet beetle larvae, several tubular casings, and a dead bug. I am alarmed at the dead specimen, since I don't know if it was an engorged bed bug, or some other type of beetle,but it does not appear to be carpet beetle larvae. Please advise. The specimen broke apart when I went to put it on tape; it appears to be about 7 mm long. Thank you.

2. iamscared

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 16:49:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert, and I am not sure what that is but from all those thousands of photos of bugs I've seen in the last months I can say it does NOT look like bed bugs.

I am sure some expert will soon post the correct information about this specimen.

3. nervousness

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 16:57:14
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for replying, iamscared. I guess I am freaked out since it looks similar to an engorged adult, and I can't use a dichotomous key or anything like that to identify, since the head is missing. nothing like alarms (false or otherwise) to throw one's whole day off.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 17:00:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug related.

I think it's a pupae of some sort although I would defer to an entomologist.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. nervousness

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 17:02:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, Mr. Cain. Bless you guys!!

6. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 17:02:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't tell you what it is from these photos but can tell you with 100% confidence it is NOT a bed bug !

paul b.

7. nervousness

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 17:05:56
    #

Login to Send PM

and thank you also, Mr. Bello!

8. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 4 2012 18:33:50
    #

Login to Send PM

In my opinion, a pupae of a beetle from Family Tenebrionidae...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,900 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186