Expert ID of bug needed

(7 posts)
  1. PerpetuallyParanoid

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 21 2019 13:44:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please can someone advise what bug this might be? I think it's out of shape due to being squished. Found on a desk.

Bug ID needed https://imgur.com/a/oeNENcz

Pretty sure not bed bug related but am wondering.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 21 2019 14:54:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s clearly not a bedbug but an unsquished pic might be needed for an ID.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. PerpetuallyParanoid

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 21 2019 15:03:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Annoyingly I lost it so can't take another picture. Thank you though! I am just hoping it wasn't a flea and obviously good its not bed bug related.

Thanks

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 21 2019 16:10:28
    #

Login to Send PM

PerpetuallyParanoid - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi,
    Annoyingly I lost it so can't take another picture. Thank you though! I am just hoping it wasn't a flea and obviously good its not bed bug related.
    Thanks

No, not a flea.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 21 2019 16:20:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Fleas are similar to bb in regards to squishing. They are very hard to destroy beyond recognition. It is a natural defense mechanism. You try to squish the and they still can jump to safety. That‘s why they are so successful.

This wasn‘t a flea. And David didn‘t want a another pic of the squished bug. To identify a crushed bug would be good.

6. PerpetuallyParanoid

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 22 2019 7:02:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Lou. Are flea bites the same as all bites in that there is no way to distinguish them? And they are different on everyone?

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Nov 23 2019 5:09:09
    #

Login to Send PM

PerpetuallyParanoid - 22 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Lou. Are flea bites the same as all bites in that there is no way to distinguish them? And they are different on everyone?

It's always easier to identify what has bitten you by the offending animal itself. It's not really true that bites are different on everyone. It doesn't mean that there are a million different ways that bites or stings from particular arthropods will present on every different person in the world. The reactions fall within certain parameters of skin reaction such as redness, puffiness, patterns of feeding or stinging, etc. One end of the spectrum certainly can look different from the other end. Sometimes the reactions look the same between people. People often remark that the skin reaction on a posting resembles the way it appeared on them.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls