1. LoatheTheBugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 22 2016 8:11:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this a bed bug? Or maybe a bat bug?

flickr photo

After several weeks of trying to find a bed bug I found it on a sticky trap on my windowsill.

Backstory: I live in a small studio apartment on top of a stand-alone garage in an old home. Numerous bites since early March. PCO inspection late March ruled out bed bugs, but a few carpet beetles found. Been cleaning/laundering often, still getting bites so installed the Packtite Passive monitor 36 hours ago. No signs there yet.

Thanks in advance to the experts on this site for your help! Much appreciated.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 22 2016 9:00:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Doesn't look bedbug related. Maybe an African stink bug.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 22 2016 10:44:57
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 1 hour ago  » 
    Doesn't look bedbug related. Maybe an African stink bug.

No, it's a beetle but on its back. It looks like a species of Anthrenus, one of the carpet beetles. These species are chunky and have colorful scales on the body. Colors are black, brown, orange, yellow but patterning varies from species to species.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. LoatheTheBugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 22 2016 11:45:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Jim and Lou, thank you both very much for your quick replies and identification details!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,433 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams