Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Expert ID Help - Fecal on Bed - [a: not bed bug fecal]

(10 posts)
  1. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 9:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help - found this on the bed - seems to have all characteristics of fecal - dark, small spot followed by larger. Don't see any others at this time - put my thumb in one for perspective? Should I get bed bug blue - I am LOSING IT!

http://postimg.org/image/tsyls436x/

http://postimg.org/image/6b7nh3tm3/

http://postimg.org/image/lwoky34ml/

http://postimg.org/image/vad3p8jsj/

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 13:08:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you check the piping along the top and bottom of the mattress?

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 13:57:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - thank you - i have encasements on mattress and boxspring... and climb ups. All from the time I found the one Bat Bug after our trip to the Poconos (that was over 100 days ago). I do notice that my wife has things under the bed that are touching the bed. I will continue checking. I can't believe this - I can't cope with this "what if" anymore - just when I relax something very real manifests... like these marks... endless hell. Please way in on your opinion, obviously you feel it's troublesome if you asked me to check...

4. this2shallpass

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 14:13:13
    #

Login to Send PM

If your wife has stuff under the bed that touches the bed, then the climbups are useless.

5. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 14:52:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I realize that, thank you. First step was realizing she had done that... trying to remedy that situation now. Original question still stands - do these appear to be BB fecal? I know there are not many experts around on weekends but looking for input - thanks to those who weighed-in so far.

6. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 15:54:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there,

Take a deep breath and relax. I'm not an expert but I think you are letting your anxiety get the best of you. It's easy to get into that head-spinning mode, I know. I've been there too.

Please wait for an expert to weigh in on your pictures, but in the mean time here are a few comments and links that I think might help.

Byanymeans - 5 hours ago  » 
    Please help - found this on the bed - seems to have all characteristics of fecal - dark, small spot followed by larger.

Actually, IMO your pictures don't have any of the characteristics of BB fecal matter. They look like blood stains to me. The good news is that means you have zero evidence of bed bugs right now.

To put your mind at ease and better understand what you need to be looking for, take a few minutes to read:

This forum topic
    and
    This forum topic

I think that will really help.

Byanymeans - 5 hours ago  » 
    Don't see any others at this time - put my thumb in one for perspective? Should I get bed bug blue - I am LOSING IT!

IMO, no reason to get bed bug blue at this point, unless one of the experts advises you otherwise. Again, your pictures don't look like fecal stains.

As far a "losing it"...that's a mental battle you have to wage. It comes down to being proactive as you can, not jumping to conclusions, and trying your best to not let anxiety and fear get the best of you.

It sounds to me from your subsequent post that you're on the right track with encasements and monitoring.

Once you take care of the items under the bed and read the other forum topics above so you better understand exactly what to look for, you can rest assured that you are doing all the right things!

I hope this helps.

:-)Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  7. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2015 4:48:27
    #

Login to Send PM

FormerlyBuggy - thanks a ton. It's impossible for me to see anything but the worst case scenario here but reading your email helped immensely. I also looked at those other threads, I do see a difference I suppose in a definitive fecal, and the ones I submitted, but I am massively concerned nonetheless - spent the whole day on eggshells... snapping at wife, not eating, awaiting the horror - awful.

A wanted to put a brief timeline together with note:

April 2014 - Stayed in Hotel in Boston w/ Bedbugs - was never the same person since

April 2014 - May2015 - Spent this time with no bedbug @ home but was completely convinced I had them. Had multiple inspections and monitoring - never 1 shred of evidence. Skin reactions of various kinds happen all throughout this period. I suppose innocuous ones, but they send me into a panic.

May 2015 - Wife and child go to Poconos, 2 days later a confirmed BAT bug (sent to lou for ID) crawling on bed.

May 2015 - $700 (whole house chemical treatment) + wife and I bag and dry everything we own and de-clutter (while she's 7 months pregnant). Never see any other bug evidence but every skin blemish sends me into a frenzy. Wife's pregnancy (I assume) has her skin in horrible condition - dozens of itchy red dots and welts...

July 2015 - With the birth of our second son imminent, I can no longer take the uncertainty of the skin reactions and get a $250 K9 inspection that gets an all-clear (and I made her do my room twice). She showed me how the dog would react by using a sealed canister and hiding it in the room -it was amazing - the dog started snorting and routing as soon as he entered - made me feel better about it's accuracy. I know dogs can be wrong though, no need to tell me about that...

August 2015 - Son is born, neither of us are sleeping (obviously), and so my skin is dry itchy with bumps. My wife skin condition returns but not as bad - but she again has the itchy bumps.

Yesterday 8.23.15 - I wake up and find the stains on the bed and I am again convinced we have an issue.

A vicious cycle; a hamster wheel of torture and anxiety w/ seemingly no-end.I say this w/ no exaggeration. This has fundamentally changed the person that I am and it has had severely detrimental effect on my personal life and relationships, including my marriage. And now tomorrow instead of enjoying time with my sons while they;re still young, I'll be on the phone with the K9 team to get them back here because I cannot stand the uncertainty of those stains and the skin reactions. Ok, it's 5:54 AM, guess I should try to shut my eyes for an hour or so... thanks for listening and still need that expert ID on those stains when possible - thanks so much.

8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2015 8:26:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Look at the spacing of the small dot to the larger one, it's the same distance suggesting a direct transfer, not bed bugs.

9. Canuck

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2015 9:44:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Concur with FormerlyBuggy and BD, not bed bug fecal; bed bug fecal has no red hue at all because it has been digested by the bug. Always dark brown or black.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  10. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2015 10:11:06
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy/Canuck - thank you both for your time and assessment!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45