Expert ID for possible fecal stains on blanket, please? [a: not bed bug fecal]

(3 posts)
  1. pickle113

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 6 2015 22:28:10
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband noticed bites from about 12/13-12/26. 12/29, I find a dead adult female BB, as positively ID'ed both here (thank you, David Cain) and by my building's PCO when he came on 12/30 to inspect. First treatment was yesterday, 1/5; PCO found no additional signs during the treatment, and is VERY confident we had a hitchhiker and caught it before an infestation actually began. Passive monitor is clear, all weird looking marks testing negative with BB Blue. We bought a new white blanket for the bed, dried it on high straight from the package, put it on the bed with clean sheets (and encased mattress/box spring/pillows).

I wake up today and find black marks on the blanket, within the fibers - hard to describe, but if you look at the blanket here, it's that sort of soft furry/fleecy polyester, and close up, it looks like 1-2 little furry fibers has a stain near the base. Nothing smeared, and BB Blue came up negative, but I'm concerned that the type of material is making it difficult for me to test properly. The pictures are as clear as possible - I think the latter few are the best of the bunch, and any blue splotches are effects of the flash. I know I should take BB Blue at face value, but I don't want false reassurance if it's not reliable on this sort of fabric - and more importantly, I want to inform our PCO that we're still having signs so he takes our building-mandated second treatment as seriously as needed to get rid of anything that might still be lurking.

(For what it's worth, no bites on my husband since 12/26, no other stains on bed linens or pajamas.)

Thank you so much.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 6 2015 23:43:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Too diffused to be faecal as the color density is not correct.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. pickle113

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jan 7 2015 0:04:59
    #

Login to Send PM

It does, immensely- thank you very much for your quick reply. Still trying to figure out what on earth else it could be, as it's messing with my head, but as long as I can cross BB feces off the list, I can probably live with the mystery.

As far as BB Blue, are there any materials on which it wouldn't be likely to work properly (this sort of fabric or anything else)? I hate to panic and run here with a dozen pictures every time I see a spot if I can simply use BB Blue for the same peace of mind, without feeling like I have to second-guess it. (Not that I don't deeply appreciate the info/advice all the experts here provide, but it's a lot of work for you, and I'd like to avoid contributing to that unnecessarily where possible..)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19