(4 posts)
  1. Montrealbugger

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Fri Nov 9 2018 12:29:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

I found two of these little bugs, about 2mm long, over the course of the past week.

Picture 1
    Picture 2

Both times I found them in my bathroom, once on a ledge, and once in the sink. I have had a small bedbug issue, so I want to rule them out.

It seems like the bug's back is not segmented in same way as a bedbug, and the fact that I found it in a humid environment leads me to think that it's a plaster beetle.

Thanks for your help,
    Anon.

2. SalsaVince

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Fri Nov 9 2018 13:18:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely not a bed bug. Looks like a pretty good match for that beetle.

Tell me a success story, please!
    Vince
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 days ago
    Sat Nov 10 2018 15:01:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Montrealbugger - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi All,
    I found two of these little bugs, about 2mm long, over the course of the past week.
    Both times I found them in my bathroom, once on a ledge, and once in the sink. I have had a small bedbug issue, so I want to rule them out.
    It seems like the bug's back is not segmented in same way as a bedbug, and the fact that I found it in a humid environment leads me to think that it's a plaster beetle.
    Thanks for your help,
    Anon.

Actually the correct spelling for the family is Latridiidae. And it does look like it is one of them. Sometimes other species are more commonly encountered.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Montrealbugger

newbite

Posted 2 days ago
    Sat Nov 10 2018 15:20:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to both of you, much appreciated clarification.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,257 posts in 46,757 topics over 142 months by 20,629 of 21,513 members. Latest: Ento1, jungr, laurwes