Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Experiences with Phantom?

(5 posts)
  1. Livingagain

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 10:29:57
    #

Login to Send PM

My PCO believes that Phantom is so good that there doesn't seem to be a plan B. I've read it's good, but if it were as good as he thinks we wouldn't be on his fourth time spraying. He seems to think that if he puts down some perimeters and sprays the bed legs that the bugs will cross them to get to us and we'll be set. We need him to be more thorough, but I can only tell, I can't be there directing his spraying.

[portion of post deleted at member's request]

Can some one give me their experiences with Phantom, is it really all that?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 10:59:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Phantom is a great product for BB's. However if he does not dust cracks and crevices, wall voids, seal them, then hit the baseboards with phantom, his guarantee will break his bank.

3. Bugologist

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 15:19:33
    #

Login to Send PM

It also takes 10-14 days or more to kill the bugs and nobody knows exactly how the bugs react while they are being exposed and dying.

I agree that it's a good product but it has no knockdown which obviously does not provide any fast relief.

4. reepicheep

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 28 2008 18:31:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Barelyliving, we had a similar experience to you. Our pco sprayed every square inch of every carpet (plus baseboards, I believe; also used Sterifab on the furniture) in our house 4 times, once every 10-14 days. It seemed to decrease their numbers somewhat, but they always increased again. Finally, we both agreed it wasn't working, at least on its own. On his 5th visit, he did 2 things: first, he opened and treated all of the wall plates with some kind of powder, and in the process found a nest behind one plate, which he treated. Second, he did a crack and crevice treatment with Cy-kick on baseboards, window/door frames, and wood furniture, etc. in our bedrooms. This treatment has knocked them back more than the combined Phantom treatments. He has repeated the treatment twice since then, and treated other rooms in the house. Unfortunately, they are not gone completely yet, but both my pco and I finally have some hope that the battle can be won. I believe in our case, the bugs are inside the wall voids and are hiding well. I'm not suggesting that Phantom is ineffective, but agree that using it alone has not worked for us. I hope this is helpful.

Killer Queen, what do you recommend (method and product)for dusting wall voids? I would like to suggest this to my pco, who is determined to win this battle for me, but lacks experience in treating bed bugs since they are relatively new to our area in the midwest.

5. reepicheep

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 28 2008 18:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Killer Queen, never mind; I just saw your FREE ADVICE post, which I will pass to my pco. Thanks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto