Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Exhausting all money for treatments, now what

(5 posts)
  1. BettyV4

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2009 12:47:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Those of us that have been through hell and back and then back again and again have spent (in my case) thousands and now suffer greatly with that loss of money so we're unable to secure new, expensive means of extermination. When people come to this site with new ideas, whether they work or not - whether we try them or not - they deserve a lot of credit for without these people there would be nothing. I don't know if you're like me, but if you've had to use many different companies and bbs still haunt you; there's no money left for professional thermal treatments, etc., we should be saying thank you to all who at least have the courage to try new things. If those PCO's out there with a real desire to help people, companies that offer new treatments that want to help people with no money, well do it!!!! Of course you wouldn't make money, but you'd sure help lives. Particularly people who have been infested for long periods of time and own their own homes or apartments and can't move. I also, however, stress checking on this site or with a PCO what you are using and exactly how to use it. It's not worth it if it will be used incorrectly or make you sick.

2. bait

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2009 13:10:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Betty, you and I have come too late to learn that chemicals are not the first line of defense. I too have exhausted my finances. In fact, I'm still paying for my PCO treatments through my credit cards.

I hate to post it here, but self treatment eventually becomes the only option.

3. BettyV4

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2009 16:14:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Ultimately the work involved with getting these critters are our responsibility. I'm done going crazy as of this moment. Can't do it anymore and can't move. All you guys that come up with ideas - pleasae continue to post and keep that going. We all need you.

4. bait

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2009 22:00:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I second that (e)motion.

5. Beth

account closed

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Feb 20 2010 13:36:08
    #

Login to Send PM

yes, companies should offer us the best at the start (thermal, vikane) and then have us decide if we'd like it or not. instead we get jerked around for thousands on treatments with no proof of working then have nothng left for vikane, etc. In my area (which is heavily infested city now) they don't even have a dog or thermal and havin trouble finding vikane.

i did find a pco who warranties for 6 months worst case scenario and isn't gouging people and does all the work himself. But I do feel like the time invested in self treatment is really the key. In fact, you can have a pco come to spray the perimeter at first. but if you don't then launder, vacuum, clean and declutter like crazy, it's pointless. For charging over $100 an hour, you think they'd at least caulk for us or check the screws in all our furniture.

we learn the hard way. even thermal is not full-proof. bedbug eradication is a process, not a series of events.

amy

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,728 posts in 50,022 topics over 155 months by 21,871 of 22,355 members. Latest: BedBugNinja, citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989