Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

evidence of bed bugs but no bites

(3 posts)
  1. pampas

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jul 6 2019 6:49:08
    #

Login to Send PM

In addition to my story, here's another story from my next door neighbours.

Since the last two weeks, they caught a total of 4 unfed adults bed bugs. I can confirm they are 100% adult bed bugs, as I've seen every specimen.
    They are receiving no bites and since all bugs were caught in the children's room, it is impossible (but still probable, of course) for a teenager not to exhibit some sort of reaction to a bite. I gave them some climbups a month ago, all clean.

Any advice will be of great use. They are planning a chemical treatment in a week.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jul 6 2019 16:28:14
    #

Login to Send PM

This is one of the reasons that I do not focus on bites at all. Personally, unless I'm feeding several bed bugs all at once in the same area I have no noticeable skin reactions. Some folks have a reaction, some don't, and those numbers are fairly close to one another. Less common are the extreme reactions.

As for your neighbors, if you have positively IDed the samples as bed bugs and they were discovered in a bedroom it is safe to assume that if they remained they would feed as normal. The person living in that room could very easily be of the non-reacting type and show no obvious signs of being bitten.

If you have the samples and can post some clear images it might be possible to give you a rough idea of that last time that they had a blood meal. Under normal circumstances a bed bug will feed about once a week, generally speaking.

3. pampas

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jul 7 2019 3:53:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Room temperature is around 26 Celsius without AC on.
    Right now I don't have access to their samples, BUT I do have access to my samples, found yesterday, 100% dead. Just one day after spraying Cimexa.

Here they are. I presume the right one is female? Or both female?
    https://imgur.com/a/q0BdEDS

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo