evidence of bed bugs?

(5 posts)
  1. looking2identify

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 11:39:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I have found some things- brown streaks on my sheets, marks on my hip, a tiny bug- that make me afraid I have bed bugs.

Last week I found a blood spot on my pillow. I had a spot on my shoulder that I had picked at during the day so it's possible I may have picked at it at night:

some concerning marks on my hip:

and then when I looked closer, some dirt on the vertical plane of my bottom sheet, on the right side but near my head, where the sheet might meet the wall:

I also found this little bug on the floor:

I bought two different kinds of spray- Cedarcide and Ortho Home Defense Dual-Action bed bug killer previously, and I sprayed the Ortho on my bedframe and around the corners of my room, and sprayed the Cedarcide in some places as well.

I didn't notice anything for a week, but this morning I woke up with a painful spot on my right hip/buttocks, and immediately got scared that it was a bed bug bite. I noticed some marks on the underside of my top sheet where my feet would be as well:

I've since realized the painful spot is an inflamed pimple or pore, and maybe the marks/dirt I saw on my sheet were from my feet.

Either way, I am scared, and am looking for some professional advice on what I should do/ the likelihood these are bed bugs.

Thank you.

2. looking2identify

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 11:47:03
    #

Login to Send PM

My bad, looks like the links weren't working. Here are the pictures in sequential order:

Blood spot
    Bites
    Dirt on edge of bed
    Bug
    Dirt under top sheet

looking2identify - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I have found some things- brown streaks on my sheets, marks on my hip, a tiny bug- that make me afraid I have bed bugs.
    Last week I found a blood spot on my pillow. I had a spot on my shoulder that I had picked at during the day so it's possible I may have picked at it at night:

and then when I looked closer, some dirt on the vertical plane of my bottom sheet, on the right side but near my head, where the sheet might meet the wall:

I bought two different kinds of spray- Cedarcide and Ortho Home Defense Dual-Action bed bug killer previously, and I sprayed the Ortho on my bedframe and around the corners of my room, and sprayed the Cedarcide in some places as well.
    I didn't notice anything for a week, but this morning I woke up with a painful spot on my right hip/buttocks, and immediately got scared that it was a bed bug bite. I noticed some marks on the underside of my top sheet where my feet would be as well:

I've since realized the painful spot is an inflamed pimple or pore, and maybe the marks/dirt I saw on my sheet were from my feet.
    Either way, I am scared, and am looking for some professional advice on what I should do/ the likelihood these are bed bugs.
    Thank you.

3. looking2identify

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 11:49:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Even though the image link is broken you can right click, hit see image, and it will show up, but i re-uploaded them and pasted them below:

https://imgur.com/ctldei3
    https://imgur.com/zMgwG9W
    https://imgur.com/DDCdovj
    https://imgur.com/oTzUC9r
    https://imgur.com/UNs230I

4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 13:39:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you make a better picture of the bug?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 14:22:55
    #

Login to Send PM

looking2identify - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank you.

The insect looks like an adult female bed bug. Maybe you can take different views and post them.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325