Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Everyone thinks I'm delusional. Maybe I am.

(2 posts)
  1. Crazyperson

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 3 2017 3:28:06
    #

Login to Send PM

We got bed bugs last year which we had heat treatment in November and it seemed to take care of them.

But now I have been noticing I have been getting rashes and little bumps that itch. Of course sometimes I itch badly without red spots or rashes too.

I sleep in the same bed with my girl friend and when we had beg bugs, she got it worse than I did and had way more whelps and rashes. She says she hasn't been getting any bites and sometimes I will find myself checking her over to see if that is really true.

I stayed at my parents for a week and was still getting the bumps and rashes, however I feel that my parents may have gotten bed bugs too. My dad gets rashes all the time, but when they got bed at a hotel bugs Mom got the worse rashes. Backstory: I went on a trip with them and we stayed at a hotel in NYC and stayed in the same room and we all got bit by bed bugs but I was the only one that infested my own home as they were still in NYC at a different place and got their clothes washed and threw away their luggage when they got home.

Even so I always feared that they got them.

But I wonder what is the possibility of us both having bed bugs and neither my mom nor my girl friend having bed bug bites.

I was going to get pheromone and CO2 traps but my girlfriend says I shouldn't because it might attract bed bugs from the neighbors if they have them (I'm not so sure about that). I bought stick traps to put in the bed room but have not go that yet.

My parents had stick traps for other bugs like spiders and when I looked they didn't have any bed bugs in them.

Am I crazy? What could possibly causing these bumps or rashes.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jul 4 2017 1:31:48
    #

Login to Send PM

It's unlikely to be delusional parasitosis, but there are a lot of other options besides "delusional" and "Bed bugs".

Lots of things can cause skin reactions which itch-- from skin issues like psoriasis and keratosis pilaris and dry skin to fleas and lice and everything in between. We don't diagnose bed bugs unless there is visual evidence-- bed bugs, cast skins, eggs or fecal stains. If you have bed bugs, there will be fecal stains near where you're being bitten.

I recommend having a pro come in and inspect-- and if they find visual evidence, you can always post a photo here for an expert to confirm.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,373 posts in 46,557 topics over 141 months by 20,533 of 21,396 members. Latest: jidhvs1, Darrellkking, jojo