Enough signs that I have bed bugs? [ID needed on stain]

(2 posts)
  1. CollegeCrazed

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Aug 18 2012 15:02:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure if I have bed bugs, as I checked the edges of my bed and covers and also the pillow cases. But I woke up this morning with a few bites/itchy bumps on my right arm. I found a stain, but I'm not sure if these signs mean I have bed bugs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85270521@N04/7809999796/

Any thoughts to whether this is enough to conclude I have bed bugs?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Aug 18 2012 19:50:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Skin reactions can have lots of causes and aren't a reliable indicator. No one can tell you with certainty whether bed bugs caused them.

The stain looks like a blood stain and I am not an expert (so will defer to experts on this point) but a blood stain isn't really a definitive sign of bed bugs. Bed bug fecal is a definitive sign, but looks quite different than what you have in that photo.

Please read the FAQs-- especially the first four here. There is information there about inexpensive passive bed bug monitors which may help you find a sample or fecal stains. There are also images of bed bugs and their signs (like fecal stains) which should help you look.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,804 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen