Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Eliminating hosts

(3 posts)
  1. Canvas

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 8 2018 22:33:06
    #

Login to Send PM

We have bedbugs in our bedroom, my two kids sleep in the room with us. When I found them, my kids and myself moved to the living room but my husband is still sleeping in the bed. He goes to bed at 9pm and gets up at 3am for work. I’ve been checking the bedroom every hour to spot them and I have.. and I kill them when I see them. Earliest I’ve seen one up on the bed by my husband was 11pm. I stay up until about 4am or later (my kids are asleep out here though in the LV ) .. So it went from 4 hosts to one in the bedroom. Haven’t seen any adults yet... I’m about to bomb the apartment this weekend.. Just wondering if these Bedbugs will find there way to me in the living room or if they will just stay in the bedroom and continue to feed off my husband?

2. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 9 2018 1:00:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I think bug bombs just cause them to scatter.

You mentioned you're in an apartment?
    In the US or Canada?
    The landlord might have to pay for treatment.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. micachica

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 9 2018 16:02:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Do not set off a bed bug bomb. It will make things so much worse. The bugs will scatter in an attempt to flee the bomb. Sleeping in a different area can spread the bugs too. Blankets and such being moved from one room to another. Wherever you are resting and lounging they will find you eventually. There are tons of DIY advice on these forums but if you live in an apt your landlord may be responsible for treatment costs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,556 posts in 45,815 topics over 139 months by 20,175 of 20,977 members. Latest: van1466, nimbusbugs, byebyebug