Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Eggs in a line?? Paranoia or a build up of evidence?

(3 posts)
  1. Rdam

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jun 29 2018 5:27:07
    #

Login to Send PM

The backstory:

Recently a friend was traveling through Europe and stayed over for a couple nights. He had left his bag at a mutual friends apartment during the first day in town, an apartment that we found out a month later had bb.

As a person with anxiety I naturally became paranoid and began searching my own apartment. I know that looking for evidence not fit a fear is not the best, but I'm also pretty realistic and think there is an accumulation of things that are highly suspicious.

My bed frame didn't have any distinct sign and the mattress is foam. And I'm yet to see any clear "marker spots" anywhere. It's not like I'm being eaten alive yet but I'm not sure I react to the bite that bad anyway. However there are a few other signs:

1. Unexplained bites
    On my hand and arm. Woke up with them on separate mornings. Not super itchy but clearly some type of reaction (redness) to a bite of some sort.

2. Suspicious markings
    Found on the wall in the corner. perhaps they were there before but I'm not sure.

3. Blood spots
    On the same morning as one of the "bites" there was blood on my sheets. Still red, and match spots on my shirt. The three spots were quite separated and on the back on my shirt (I sleep on my back). No swelling of "bites" but I also don't seem to react that much

4. Eggs in a line
    Discovered these twice on the exposed area of some furniture. Super small (less then a mm) but in a district line.

My apartment is not so nice and has many cracks for them to hide. I've always keep it very clean leading me to think that if they're not in the mattress they could be in the walls. I have a homemade trap set (yeast/water bottle/co2 version) and I'm waiting to see if it catches anything

It's been causing me a ton of anxiety lately and could mean ending my internship early to escape. It's driving me nuts so Any advice or confirmation would be very helpful in deciding what to do next.

2. Rdam

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 30 2018 13:45:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump

3. Bugsareicky

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 30 2018 14:28:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you spend a lot of time anywhere other than your bed at night? Sofa, lazyboy, computer chair, ext. If you do, check those areas for any signs. I am not an expert, I am not confirming you have a problem. This is just a suggestion if you're suspicious and found no signs on the bed. Back when we had a problem, It was our sofa that was infested. The beds were completely clear. It is possible to have bedbugs without having bugs in your beds. Go figure. I suspected we might have a problem after getting some bites, but I checked every single square inch of the beds daily for almost a month and didn't see a darn thing. I was convinced I was going crazy when I finally saw one on my sofa in the middle of the night.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,692 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82