Egg ID please

(5 posts)
  1. Sincerelyterrified

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 20:47:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hoping I can get some help IDing this image: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rLQtT9F5QC98MKWg8

Found on my box spring, I did try to squish it a bit, hope that didn’t ruin the possible ID.

Thanks in advance!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 9 2019 3:42:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

As you can see by comparing with this image it’s not an egg:

https://flic.kr/p/RXtSVG

Eggs always have a “lid” that covers the end they exit from.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Sincerelyterrified

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 9 2019 10:24:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much David! Very helpful and the image is a great reference.

4. lifestooshortforbugs

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 9 2019 10:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, sincerelyterrified [kind of describes me too )
    Sorry to butt in on your thread. That picture from David was a great help for me as well. Now, I really don't think I have bedbugs ... I have something, but Lord knows what!
    Thank you!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 9 2019 12:15:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Here are some bed bug eggs with fecal droppings against variously colored backgrounds. The hatched eggs have the cover missing; sometimes they can be hinged on. Here is what is noted on Flickr under the picture. A patchwork quilt of plankton net (each square around 1/2 mm), bed bug feces, metabolic waste and eggs for the fall. Plankton netting was the substrate upon which the bed bugs have harbored. Unfortunately, not all pictures have the same focus - but they're close! I originally wanted to stress the use of coloration to help see bed bug eggs against contrasting color backgrounds.patchwork by louento.pix, on Flickr

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,300 posts in 49,235 topics over 152 months by 21,583 of 22,004 members. Latest: looking2identify, Robbysee, Elephant88