Egg ID [a: not bed bug eggs]

(7 posts)
  1. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed May 31 2017 20:23:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

This may seem like a dumb question. But I found all these tiny things in my shorts pocket. I've had a lot of bug problems recently; from moths to silverfish etc. Do any experts on here know if these are eggs?

Thanks

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed May 31 2017 21:52:19
    #

Login to Send PM

They aren't bed bug eggs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 3:31:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually this is silica gel/pearls. They are in those little bags when you buy bags, pants etc. You must have raptured one.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 3:53:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirming they are not eggs, these are eggs:

eggsmicroscopestacker by David Cain, on Flickr

Equally they are not "silica gel" crystals used to remove moisture from things. There is a wide group of materials that get lumped into the silica gel category but they are more white / pearl in colour.

To me the closest thing I have seen is "tumbled quartz" which is most commonly found in sand and specifically beach type sand which is moved / agitated. Sometimes found as an inland artificial sand source as well if the source is from something that could have been tumbled in the past. In urban settings you often find them int he trends of peoples shoes and most commonly trainers, if you flex them to open the thread you will usually find them.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 4:09:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I found those in my suitcase with a raptured silicia package last time I traveled . Maybe they color them now.

When yo look here you can see.
    http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-silica-gel-beads-from-a-silica-gel-pouch-silica-gel-absorbs-moisture-58663046.html

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 4:36:21
    #

Login to Send PM

These are bed bug eggs on a screen with differently colored backgrounds. Read the info with the picture for the description.
    patchwork by louento.pix, on Flickr

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 1 2017 9:36:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Well thanks Maw, David, Lous, this is a relief. I knew they weren't bb eggs, given all my crawling bugs i assumed the worst

D

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,298 posts in 50,164 topics over 155 months by 21,927 of 22,424 members. Latest: Sleepy19, xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall