Effing bugs ruining my lifeeeeee.

(11 posts)
  1. BugsRGross

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Dec 13 2009 3:24:19
    #

Login to Send PM

So, it all starts in May, my significant other works for (undisclosed crap rental company) we also happen to live in a building owned by (undisclosed crap rental company) .

My husband hears word that the tenants above us and two on our floor are being heat treated for bedbugs. We brush it off, my husband comes home checks out our mattress finds nothing and we go on.
    He regularly kept checking our mattress seams and top for evidence of bedbugs, though he quit his job at (undisclosed crap rental company) for being a (undisclosed crap rental company) .

Around this same time, I got a few "mosquito" bites on my foot, they were MEGA itchy and lasted for weeks! Some even left scars! I figured it was sumer time and I dont wear repellant so it serves me right! After those few bites, Nothing happend... no more mosquito bites and I'm fine.

Fast forward to last week. A service rep for (undisclosed crap rental company) comes to our door saying that every apartment in our block is getting spray treatment. That night I was bitten 6 times on my foot and it instantly clicked. We have bedbugs GREAT JUST WHAT I WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
    Still havent seen a single bug/egg/shells/droppings. Checked all the bed seams and baseboards.

We have a one year old son, the bugs have spread to the living room and my welts are so itchy neither my husband nor I have been getting any sleep, especially me as I'm the only one who's allergic. The hives are driving me insane and I constantly think every stray hair brushing me is a bug out to suck my blood. I am considering getting a tent, stripping my clothes everynight, getting in and sealing the zipper with tape.

I hate bugs, I cant stand to be around them and to know my home is infested makes my skin crawl and my stomach wretch. Just letting you know there is another person suffering like you.... wanting to seal themselves in a ziplock and breathe through a straw. (Oh! ...better tape a screen over that straw opening!)

This site has helped alot, there is sick comfort in knowing I'm not suffering alone.

2. BugsRGross

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Dec 13 2009 8:19:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Well we stayed up all night hoping we'd see something...but nothing not a single bug.

3. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Dec 13 2009 10:53:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought about getting a twin-size mattress encasement and zipping myself inside at night. Crazy stuff doesn't sound so crazy right now!

4. CookEmDanno

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Dec 13 2009 19:15:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hang in there, BugsRGross, and channel your hatred for the little monsters into practical action. The more death and destruction you create for them, the better you'll feel. Can you encase your baby's bed? At least one-year-olds can sleep in pajamas with feet!

5. BugsRGross

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Dec 14 2009 14:41:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh his crib mattress is plastic coated, so no worries there.
    UGH, I know I should be out to find them..but I just think I'm gonna unearth this swarming ball and they're all going to come after me at once. An irrational fear of bugs. Bleh just talking about it makes me feel like they are on me.

6. bbboogie

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Dec 14 2009 18:51:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I know how you feel. Every hair that touched me had me screaming and checking for bedbugs! I'd lay awake at night and check out the walls and ceiling for bugs. I'd read this forum and go to bed and imagine everything I had just read was happening to me. Ugh! Horrible way to live!
    We've been bugfree for 64 days now and I still shake out my comforter, check my pillows and sheets before getting into bed. Oh, I also shake out my pj's and examine them before putting on. I guess I'll be this way for a while. And if my husband persists in wearing his fuzzy black socks to bed and leaving lint for me to find in the morning I just may have to divorce him. LOL

7. bait

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Dec 14 2009 23:53:52
    #

Login to Send PM

It's midnight and you have just made the 65-day mark. Congratulations. Thanks for being with us.

8. BugsRGross

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Dec 23 2009 16:14:45
    #

Login to Send PM

So little update.
    The PCO came last weds and sprayed.
    We have been sleeping in the livingroom ever scince and I havent had a bite since!
    Still havent seen anything and we constantly check.

So now I think I might have just deluded myself into thinking I was being bit, and my body just made the bite's appear.
    It only started right after I was told the whole building was going to be sprayed.

And now nothing, no evidence of bugs..and not a single bite for an entire week!!!
    I hope I was just being crazy but it really does look like we're home free!

9. BugsRGross

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Mar 23 2010 0:25:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Another update, to be honest I had forgotten that bed bugs had even exsisted, it was bliss while it lasted.

The gross pigs upstairs moved out two weeks ago, last week they did a heat treatment up there..and moved someone in (whom I feel terrible for because I doubt the problem is rectifiied), and now as if magically one week after they heat treated upstairs, I'm getting these welts again!! Super itchy and really anyoying, even the fabric of my shirt touching them causes an itching frenzy... and they are exsactly like my old welts.

WHAT THE HELL.

Husband and I already discussed a plan, and that is to get rid of everything.
    Half our clothes have been bagged scince the last episode, so were gonna toss them, toss all our linens..toss our bed and our childs bed and take only our electronics an cd's/dvd's.

So basically were gonna strip to bare bones, I just finished throwing away all of our dishes.. we had been wanting a new set anyway. So now we're eating off paper plates and bowls with plastic utensis.

I dont even care about getting rid of stuff anymore. I just want to get the hell out of here. The neighborhood is terrible ( I wont go out after dark,even in daylight it's rough) and so is the company that owns this building.

They dont seem to realize that when they heat treat a single apartment.. the bugs in that suit freak out and try to find a way away from the heat..which is everyone elses apartments. A bunch of idiots these guys are.

I cant believe this crap is happening again.
    Now we have to research new places like crazy, I'm not moving in any building until I speak to atleast 3 different tenants to see if theres an issue with bugs.

This just disgusts me, I feel so bad for the woman and her children who moved in that suite upstairs.

Its a real shame that that kind of bullcrap is legal.
    It should be against the law for a landlord/company to move someone into a suite unless it has been verified to be free of infestation for AT THE VERY LEAST one month... with twice wekly inspections.

These bastards should be held liable for the cost encoured by a tenant , having to throw away all of your possesions to escape this mess. Just pisses me right off.

10. BugsRGross

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Apr 14 2010 1:51:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Another update;

The landlord has finally agreed to get treatment for us.
    I'm still getting bit but not as often, probably because I wear 60lbs of clothing to bed everynight.
    Pants tucked into long socks, t-shirt tucked into pants and a skin tight hoodie over that.
    I think my husband may also help because he still sleeps half naked and does not react to bites, so maybe they get fed up trying to bite me through clothes and go for the easy target laying next to me.

We are still in the process of laundering and re-laundering our linens and clothing.
    We are also still in the process of a major down sizing.
    We've gotten rid of almost everything, we only have four peices of furiture now our bed, our childs crib, the tv stand and the computer stand. (Both are very minimalistic and theres not much to them.)

I cant wait to toss everything out, it's kind of liberating actually because I'm a natural clean freak and our house has never been so tidy.

We have to stay here for at least another year which is disheartening.
    But when we had to decide between risking moving to another infested apartment, or staying here to tough it out, we decided to wait until we can buy our own home one thats unattached and easier to treat if the problem arises again.

This problem is not going to go away living here.
    The building is too badly infested and would need to be cleansed of all the tenants before the problem could be solved, so we're (I should say "I'm" because I am the only one who reacts)in for a tough year of aggressive chemical treatment and sleeping in a body suit.

Good times *roll eyes*

11. BugsRGross

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Apr 14 2010 2:08:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd like to add after reading a few other posts about layering clothing.
    This is working for me and I dont have any fears about them comming to get me during the day because my husband is a non reactor they have a meal laying there half naked everynight.

If I were single I would not use this method of preventing bites. Because they would come for me during the day, but they currently have an available source of blood who could care less.

Currently it's working and I'm reciving much fewer bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula