Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Ease my anxiety. I'm losing my mind here..

(3 posts)
  1. BBbuhbye

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 2 2017 18:06:17
    #

Login to Send PM

So I've been finding a lot of centipedes around my apartment lately. My landlord put a dehumidifier down in the really shitty basement which seems to be helping a bit as I haven't seen any centipedes since the last three the day after the dehumidifier started up. Of course with me hating bugs and all, I of course googled about the little buggers and of course read that they will feast on bed bugs (and other bugs too). But anyway.. I'm always on the lookout for bed bugs after dealing with them back in 2015. I always do my checks and all that jazz. I react terrible to their bites as I do with every other biting insects as well. I haven't had any bites, find zero fecal, no blood stains, no skins, nada which is great I know. Then last night I found a baby masked hunter (in the bathroom of all places) which of course is another type of bug that loves to eat bed bugs. If you read my post here: http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/neighbors-garbage you'd see exactly how my last week or so has been going and with finding the masked hunter last night, it sort of drove me over the edge a bit. I'm still waiting to hear on how likely it'd be for my neighbors possible infestation to travel over to my side. The garbage gets picked up tomorrow morning and I really hope they take all their stuff because I can't keep staring at it and wanting to set it ablaze, lol. I actually texted the neighbor today and asked how she were and if she found out anything and she said her friend came and sprayed the rooms. I then asked if they were definitely bed bugs and she replied: "Didn't say, didn't ask. Don't see anything.". Not very reassuring for me at all. Her home and her trash is VERY close to my home as you can see in the picture I posted on the other post.

I just don't know anymore. This all has me really paranoid. I had the orkin man over today to look into the centipede problem and he said the problem is the old basement we have. There's a zillion and one entry points and all that, so it's easy for things to come in down there *eye roll*. Along with the centipedes, we also had carpenter ants in the kitchen that I took care of with bait traps. We have a decent carpet beetle problem too. Of course spiders (especially in the basement). I find book lice from time to time too (like the one from last night during my BB and centipede check).

Am I right to be worried? I know I need lots of therapy and I wish I could go, but alas with two kids and no one around to help, I cannot.

Any advice for this poor soul?

"Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 3 2017 0:32:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I responded in your other thread. Generally speaking, I recommend staying with the same thread as long as you're on the same topic. Otherwise, people end up repeating what others have said.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BBbuhbye

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 3 2017 4:47:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 4 hours ago  » 
    I responded in your other thread. Generally speaking, I recommend staying with the same thread as long as you're on the same topic. Otherwise, people end up repeating what others have said.

Oh okay, sorry! :/ should I just copy and paste this one to there, or?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325