Dying bedbugs found 2 months after last treatment

(3 posts)
  1. anxiousangela

newbite

Posted 12 months ago
    Thu Sep 20 2018 21:37:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I have found dying, but not quite dead bugs after treatment, not sure what to do/how worries to be.

I first noticed I had bedbugs back in March and had a light but persistent problem with them until June. Iwas being bitten, 2-3 bites, every 3 weeks or so, having treatments done every weekend (paid by my landlord). In June I stopped the treatment and was bitten once more early July - I found the bedbug that morning (filled with blood) dying on the floor. I got another treatment to be safe.

Now recently (about 2 months later) I have found two bedbugs in about a week that were dying but not quite dead (on their back with legs twitching). I have not been bitten and the bugs we're thin, not full of blood.

How concerned should I be? Should I get another treatment? I am very stressed and feel sick that I am seeing them again.

2. Mf1616

Posted 12 months ago
    Fri Sep 21 2018 16:46:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you in an apartment? Bed bugs could be moving to another unit while your house gets treated, coming back to your unit and crossing poison on the way to your bed.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  3. anxiousangela

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Mon Sep 24 2018 22:32:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I do live in an apartment. Actually I'm pretty sure they came from the neighbour in the first place (the PCO said they had a lot and the neighbour on the other side of them got them too) But they stopped treatment a while ago, landlord told me he had had no complaints in a while (he is good at keeping me updated).

Is it a good idea to have another treatment? I actually smelled the chemical in the hall today so I think someone else may have treated again 😥

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie