Duct tape for bed legs barrier?

(3 posts)
  1. aaghbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 26 2010 16:48:15
    #

Login to Send PM

So my infestation reappeared. I wrapped some duct tape around my bed legs sticky side out (a ring of tape at top holds them. Will this catch any bugs? Or will they simply stay away? Or can they cross duct tape like this? It has been 4 nights and no bugs trapped. I cannot tell if I have new bites because I don't react so it is hard to distinguish new ones from old ones. I also fell asleep on my bedroom floor yesterday afternoon.

(Note: They could be in my frame, but doubtful as it is metal & I inspected it. My bed is otherwise isolated from everything. I have mattress and box spring encasements, although I had to duct-tape up the old box spring one that had torn.)

2. effinbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Sep 28 2010 4:14:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I have double sided carpet tape from home depot that is 100 x stickier than duck tape. But I don't want to ruin my bed legs with it. Guess its better than having bb feed on me. I thought bed bugs have trouble with climbing up metal. Does that mean they can't climb standard metal bed frames if the rest of the bed and bedding is isolated from the wall?

3. Sombrero

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 2 2017 20:36:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I have seen it claimed that sellotape prevents bugs from climbing up the bed legs. It's not sticky on the back of the tape, but too slippery for the bugs.

If that really works, then it should also be possible to prevent bugs dropping from the ceiling onto your bed by using sellotape to isolate the ceiling above your bed from bugs attempting to pproach it. Just use the tape to form the perimeter of a rectangle larger than your bed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,417 posts in 46,320 topics over 141 months by 20,415 of 21,254 members. Latest: spokallus, nu2bedbugs87, ndjur