*Drum Roll* ... Treatment #3

(5 posts)
  1. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2011 7:51:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Good morning fellow warriors!

I am rested, I am ready, I am prepped as best as I could hope for and was told to be. Today is the day of my third treatment from national PCO.

A bit of history. Bed bugs first confirmed about 1 month ago. I moved into a new apartment across the hall from my old one, and was suddenly seeing them everywhere.. on the bed... on the couch... on my legs.

PCO treatment #1 seemed to do a great job of knocking them down... but, for my own sanity, I spent about 1/2 of nights following #1 at my Significant Others residence. (Taking full precaution of course).

About 8 days in (or nights), I woke up, and did my daily look at sheets, look at climbups, check. I found two of the bugs in one climbup. An adult (male by the looks of it) and a nymph. Called PCO and scheduled #2.

#2 occurred 12 days ago. Third morning after #2, I woke up with a blood spot near my lower body (big, and with what I later examined to be a long trail going further towards foot of bed. I also found a small what appeared to be blood stain near my upper body. Strangely, haven't really had any bites. A few things that could be (but, I get acne all over my body, so, it makes it hard to tell). No crazy itching like before treatment though.

Either way, the blood spots (on my isolated bed) convinced me we needed #3. I did find an actual bug (AT WORK! ) a few days later. I'm fairly certain that I couldn't have brought it with me from home, since I littler shower, dry off, pull clothes from ziplocks, and bolt out the door.

Since then, about 7 days ago, I have seen neither hide (fecal stain) nor hair (cast skin) of them. Also, since treatment #2 12 days ago, I have slept in the apartment 8 or 9 nights out of the 12. Much better than last time around. Nothing in the climbups.

I feel good. I want to feel good. I also still have a bit of paranoia. So, this morning, I prepped the apartment (everything is in bags already, just had to put it all in center of room).

I'm hoping that this will take care of any stragglers.

I'll let you all know

2. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2011 11:43:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Treatment scheduled for some time between 12-2. Got a call 12:30 from PCO.. "just have a note here.. what kind of activity are you seeing." Sounds like fishing for a way out of treating... grrrr

3. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 19 2011 13:48:45
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO came for #3.. left an hour or so ago. It was actually the service manager for the national PCO. Seemed like a nice buy, but seemed skeptical of my reports of bugs.

He did a treatment that took about 25-30 min (compared to the 1hr the other two treatments took). He sprayed Temprid along baseboards/walls. Used Alpine dust along cracks/crevices/radiator pipes, and bedlam for bed and other furniture.

Seemed like a nice guy, but, I am still paranoid that nothing will get rid of them.

I will keep my eyes open.

Just put my newly cleaned/dusted climbups on the bed legs... hope I redusted correctly. (IT WOULD BE HORRIBLE to screw that up and have them make it back into the bed.)

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 10:15:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thought I'd update folks, since I like reading their updates too.

I am now 10 days-post treatment #3 and have seen no signs of the enemy. Last night I actually bought a new chair, one with legs small enough to fit in my climbups, and a seat-base wide enough that i can sit comfortably on it indian-style to help keep it isolated.

This weekend I'm going to do a thorough cleaning of the floors in the apartment, especially under the bed, to see if there are any dead bugs (since I have never seen any dead bugs following treatment). Also, tonight, will actually be the first night in nearly a month that I've 'hung out' at my own home for most of the evening. I've been going to cafes to avoid the place.

So, hopefully things are looking up. I'd also say this... I am 10 days post-3rd treatment, 19-days since seeing a possible sign in my apartment (blood stain on sheet that may be attributable to my toe), and about 17ish? days since I have seen an actual bug (IT WAS ON ME AT WORK!!!). I have set bedbug beacon for 4 days/nights at work (over weekend mostly) and it came back clean, so, seems ok. Also set it in car for 4 days/nights now, and no bugs found.

That said, vigilance.

Solidarity!

5. BuggerBeater

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 16:33:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your updates OhNoes. Often, when members here find their problem solved, they understandably want to get on with their lives and forget about bed bugs. It's good to see a post 3rd treatment report.

I too am heading there. A week after my 2nd treatment, I found an adult bug alive, but on its back on the floor under my bed. I wasn't sure if he was dying from the residual or simply fell off the bed on to his back and was unable to turn over. I hope it was the former. I also found a few nymphs on my mattress, still not sure if they're dying off or simply hiding.

I'm convinced I need a 3rd treatment. The PCO said to wait 3 weeks after the second treatment for all remnants to be dead but I'm not sure I want to wait until any nymphs become adults and start the process all over again.

After hearing how dangerous DE is, I finally did some research and found that food grade is just as harmless as kitty litter... because it is in kitty litter I bought some and still took the proper respiratory precautions. If there are any bugs left, odds are they'll be going through the DE right into their deaths.

I'll be vacuuming up the DE before the third treatment but at this point, I don't even know if the LL will pay for a third treatment without any physical evidence of remaining BBs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams