Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Don't know if I'm insane or not. Did I give these things to a friend?

(5 posts)
  1. losingitoverhere

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 16 2018 22:26:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all,

First post. Been dealing with this about 6 weeks. Some days will go by where I'm convinced I don't have bedbugs, then the smallest thing will send me into a panicked frenzy. Details:

About 6 wks ago I started getting some 'bites'. Small welts, really itchy. Would only be a few bites every week here and there but after a couple wks I put glue traps and double-sided tape all over the bed -- found nothing. Checked mattress everywhere, nothing. But a couple times I got three bites in a row. One time, during this ordeal, I was at a friends house and went to the bathroom and since I had arrived I had gotten four bites in a perfect line underneath my bellybutton -- I was petrified that these guys came with me and were biting me under my jeans at my friends house.

I brought it up with my landlord right away, but they calmed me and assured me it was likely carpet beetles, which they had had before. Over the next week I caught a few tiny bugs that were living in my cabinets and a couple bigger ones. Orkin determined these were weevils and came in to do a light treatment yesterday.

Last night I found a few small blood stains on my sheets but I did cut my hand the day before. To top it all off, today I was over at a friends who had come to my place near the beginning of this whole debacle, who has three 'pimples' in a line on her chest. She's sure these are pimples but these days I take everything as a sign of doom.

These are the few signs I have had in the last six weeks, but no casts/fecal stains/bugs in glue traps or anywhere on the bed + Orkin said weevils.....but I am living in CONSTANT FEAR. I have trouble sleeping and can't eat well. The thought that I may have given them to my friend(s) shames me to no end. I feel helpless and disgusting and so scared that this might be the beginning of a major infestation. I'm a very social person and the thought of not seeing anyone while we continue to get no real proof really depresses me.

2. HecatesMisery

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu May 17 2018 17:42:08
    #

Login to Send PM

If a PCO that YOU hired, not your landlord, has said that he doesn't see signs of bedbugs, and you haven't seen any bedbugs, and you've suspected for 6 weeks, I would say you don't have them. If it were me, I would store as many of your clothes as you can in plastic bags anyway, after you wash and dry them on hot. Sheets too. Get mattress encasements that say they're bedbug proof. Put bedbug interceptors on the legs of your furniture. Buy a zappbug heater or a packtite heater to heat your laundry, bedding, papers, books, shoes, and clutter. That thing has saved my life.

I'm dealing with a situation where I don't know if I have them or not either, and I'm doing all of it as well as keeping the house as clean as possible, so that if it turns out I do see one one day, I'll have a much easier time taking action if most things are already cleaned and protected.

I'm dealing with the pain of not being able to have anyone over too. I was looking forward to hosting so many parties this summer. Instead I just invite my friends out for mimosas. But like I said, if it's been 6 weeks and you don't see them, you probably don't have them. Outside of cleaning and living out of plastic bags, I'd try to be brave enough to live your life as normal. Keep inviting people over until you actually see a bug. If you do see one, you won't have to panic as much because you've already prepared.

"With courage, cunning, and superior tactics, we'll be home by teatime."
  3. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu May 17 2018 21:32:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I had bed bugs twice (confirmed) and tons of bites. I was never bitten in any sort of pattern. The whole breakfast, lunch and dinner thing has been debunked.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 10:41:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing in your story makes me suspect bed bugs.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. losingitoverhere

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 17:59:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your time and input so far folks. I got a cluster of itchy spots on my ankle two nights ago but I think they may be hives from the stress.

Regardless, I'm going to close the book on my worries unless some more definitive proof comes about. May post more here if suspicions ultimately resurface!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,337 posts in 46,549 topics over 141 months by 20,529 of 21,391 members. Latest: TuliusCeasar, Bugsss, northeastbugger