Don't buy Allerease encasements and don't buy from Target

(9 posts)
  1. DeterminedInOhio

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2016 12:47:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to take the time to separately post about my experience with Allerease brand encasements and buying them from Target. I had two sets rip on me (4 encasements total). And Target refused to do anything about this. They first asked me to BRING THE TORN ENCASEMENTS BACK INTO THE STORE. NICE! This policy is actually confirmed in a review another person left on the site stating they found a live bed bug in one of the encasements! Can you imagine!?! I screen captured this and want to report Target to the appropriate health organization! I wish I had a recording of my conversation with them where they are asking me to bring in the covers to the store, too! So irresponsible!

I explained my full situation to the customer service rep and they refused to give me any sort of credit for my faulty product purchase because I wouldn't bring it back to the store and didn't have the packaging or receipts from weeks and weeks ago (who keeps the packaging?!?). I'll never buy Allerease again and I'm never going to shop at Target again if they are letting people bring back products infested with bed bugs and don't stand behind their products!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2016 14:06:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Take it easy on 'em, they're just Target employees. Chances are they have no idea about bed bugs. I would imagine that they would require a return for any damaged product, they're not pest control oriented.

3. DeterminedInOhio

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2016 14:09:37
    #

Login to Send PM

It's Target Corporate that I have an issue with, not the individual employee. They need to have protocols for how to handle product returns for an item that is specifically manufactured to deal with bed bugs. Something like that should never be put back on the shelf!

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2016 15:08:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, therein lies the problem with big box retailers; you're buying cheap product that is moved quickly. If it's something important to you then spend the money, buy from a retailer that backs their product and has some knowledge.

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2016 23:10:42
    #

Login to Send PM

There's been similar comments made about Amazon or any retailer that accepts returns. I think US BB won't accept returns because....well, it makes sense. Of course, my understanding is they don't give credits either.

I have a Packtite and have been very impressed with that business standing behind its product even after warranty. Very impressive.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 2 2016 13:43:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I take a Sharpie and write "USED" on it, before returning. The encasement AND box. Bag it, and return it that way. I am always extremely cautious buying them and bag them in my car, then I run them through the laundromat dryers for an hour before using them. I have purchased enough retail that I determined had been used to know better and now that is standard for me thanks to previous issues with roaches and fleas (ten years ago) from used items. Bed bugs are just another reason I'm not crazy for doing it. Lol.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  7. DeterminedInOhio

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2016 14:26:14
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a really good idea, Misery!

Allerease ended up sending me 4 replacements, which is nice of them, but it still does not solve the issue that their product is faulty. And I am still completely disgusted with Target!

8. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2016 16:21:49
    #

Login to Send PM

theyareoutthere, does Packtite also refuse to take returns? If so, I think that is a great idea.

9. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2016 16:25:09
    #

Login to Send PM

DeterminedInOhio, have you spoken to Target Corporation about this? That is terrible that someone found a live bedbug in the encasement.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,668 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com