Dogs and technicians give negative result, bed bug blue positive

(11 posts)
  1. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 12:17:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in 1950's build apartment building, made from bricks. Flooring is original batten board floor, I mean I think there is some void under flooring.
    In march 2016 exterminate company found one bed bug and feces from another apartment in same floor, the tenant left apartment at november 2015 because of bed bugs, so it's been empty few months. Repairs and treatments started at april 2016.

2-3 weeks after that i had mysterious bites in my hand at night. Two close to elbow and some itch in one finger. After that I started to get bites in bed sometimes. About two week after start I found booklouse nymph from floor, which I though was bed bug, thanks to wrong named picture when I googled.

I called manager and he ordered exterminate companys manager to check my apartment. Service technician came next day and checked underside of my spring mattress bed and found nothing, no fecal, nothing. He didn't check anything else, well ceiling fast, but no baseboards or anything. Then he gave Climb-Ups to bed feets.

I have dog and dogs bed was then close to my bed, but never saw any bites or itchiness on my ex dog.

About three months after that, when I checked baseboards close to bed, I saw possible bed bug fecals, which I wasn't saw ever before. I called technician and told haven't seen any bed bugs, but possible fecal. He said that after three months there should be bed bugs everywhere. And to fecal spots he said that they might be some fly fecals, nothing to worry about. He didn't came to check those. He also sneered to my comment about blood spots on my sheets.

On september I contacted company through web and they called me. I wondered what the sickly sweet smell could be. And they said, that because I haven't saw any bugs it might be something else.

On November smell went away and so does bites and that lasted about 4 months.

On april 2017 one woman with two dogs came to check my apartment, at that time I went out with my own dog. They said, there was nothing. After few days later she came back to check one fecal spots because from bedroom I found some dog treat I became suspicious. The fecal spots which is in one picture from baseboard she checked with bed bug blue and it gave negative result.

After that I ordered from England bed bug blue kit and it arriwed pretty quikly. I tested the very same spots, and it gave positive results, also in picture.

Yesterday another service technician from same company came to check my bedroom. He didn't found nothing from bed, maybe that's because of Climb-Ups. He also checked the same one as in picture in baseboard with saliva, he was using gloves. His test looked more like rubbing like testing and fecal spots disappeared without leaving smearing, which I got when I tested as you can see in my photo. He said I don't have bed bugs. I also showed him the yellow spots, which are in picture, but he didn't knew what they were. Also in picture. Could they be urine? Asked also about dusts which they use, it's DE and said it smells, but Cimexa which I showed didn't smell. Black and yellow spots are sometimes very close together.

Even thought everything what ever it is has been continuing long, I don't see much fecal anywhere and nothing under bed, or are they under floor boards?! Also haven't found nothing in Climb-Ups. Cleaned and put talc after few weeks.

Should I start dusting Cimexa between walls and floor boards and behind baseboards and some to flooring or what should I do? This company is maybe countrys largest international company.

What you think about pictures from possible fecal spots, could they be from bed bugs?

IMG_1208 by cloud spotter, on Flickr

IMG_1235 by cloud spotter, on Flickr

IMG_1393 by cloud spotter, on Flickr

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 12:28:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The first image certainly appears to be faecal and the BBB test would suffice as confirmation for me. It is in an unusual spot for bed bugs but that may possibly be as a result of the bed isolation.

In this situation I would be recommending removing them and going for a more natural detection using Passive Monitors to identify and relocate any bed bugs present.

The last image is 100% not related to bed bugs. While it is close in appearance to ureic traces they are comparatively rare and it would not be feasible to get that level without some associated faecal. I have embedded an example image below:

ureiconpassive by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 14:26:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for help David.

I think I really have to think about removing those climb ups and order passive monitors from uk. Even thought Cimexa is not available from eu, I got it from Amazon usa, just mentioned. Yesterday I got this bulb duster, not from this shop, but something in usa, again from amazon.
    http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bg-bulb-duster-1150-p-769.html
    It's bigger than my earlier and I think it might work better.

Here's few more pictures. First ones are under bed from flooring. And last one is with microscope and iPhone 6 from those yellow spots I mentioned earliar. Just wondering what they might be.

I used Peak stand 25x with iPhone6

Untitled by cloud spotter, on Flickr

4. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 14:56:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Missed one picture without microscope

by cloud spotter, on Flickr

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 16:45:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Cimexa is not legal in the EU. if you wish to discuss it then the discuss will not be with me.

If you still have some BBB to text can you please test these one:

The white ones are not bed bug related. It is a dilute liquid of some sort that has dried with almost a "crush" which is why they have the volcano shape with the recessed center.

David

6. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 17:20:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I remember that Cimexa is not legal in EU, just meaned that if you want it, you can get it from usa as someone earlier asked from EU, that where from he would get it.

I think those spots which you wanted to check with BBB are gone, they are almost one year old and I think I'm cleaned them, didn't found them. But I really think they would give positive result with BBB. Found those pretty soon after first bites.

About next picture, posted earlier, dog handler said, that she checked it with computer and said that those spots are too high to be from bed bug. I think fly feces are more flat and bed bug feces could be higher.

IMG_1208 by cloud spotter, on Flickr

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 19:51:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is a fine for anyone caught using products which are not approved under the biocide regulations, its in the region of £5,000. It could also invalidate my insurance to recommend its us within the EU because it is not legal to do so. While you are free to make your personal assessment on this matter I don't care to risk my livelihood offering free advise.

I have already replied about the image in my first post.

David

8. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 1 2017 3:34:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David

Thanks for answering.

I know your situation very well and I understand that.

About the picture, I was just wondering her comment. I believe you are right being from bed bug.

9. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 1 2017 14:51:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Both technicians said something like, bed bugs doesn't spread if apartment is occupied.
    But if this has been going over a year I think there is risks about spreading.

By the way, I took Climb Ups away under bed. Interesting to see what happens.

10. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jul 2 2017 7:52:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Put some neudorffs greasetape to my bed legs. It's very sticky, and the grease stick easily to hands.
    I'll see soon how it works. Might be that bed bugs don't wanna go over it but I test it at least few days.
    You can buy it from gardening stores.

http://www.neudorff.co.uk/products/greaseband.html

11. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 10:26:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Grease tape didn't catch anything.

I ordered PCO from Rentokil to check my possible bed bug fecal spots. Immediately PCO saw those, he said those are bed bug fecal and that with saliva they spread like bed bug fecal spread in reddish color.
    I put my bed to plastic and stored it, cause it's pretty new and costed a bit. Then got steel bed from my mom, which he used about 50 years ago. It's foldable and easily portable.
    Manager ordered only one treatment, which happened week ago. I didn't ask what PCO used, but before he steamed baseboards, which I opened little.
    Manager said that there is error in Rentokils report! I can't understand what he means, maybe he wants to believe what first company says, which works in many european countries. Manager says, that he orders more threatments, when I find bed bug. Manager is just paid person, he doesn't even live here and he doesn't seems to care anything. Should I inform every 20 apartments which live in this stairway or what on earth should I try before here is nightmare on hand?!
    I also informed housing cooperative chairman about this and they have meeting tomorrow.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956