Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Dog came - CLEARED for bedbugs! still getting bitten...

(4 posts)
  1. iseriouslyneversleep

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 10:42:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I must have some kind of other issue than bedbugs, because last night in bed I was still getting bitten - I can feel the bites when they happen and they hurt - and welts were showing up in the spots I felt a bite. But I searched and searched for bbs and found none. This morning I felt a bite like pain in my arm and looked down, nothing was there! It did get a bit red and inflamed, though. How the hell do I know if I have mites, what else could be biting me? It really only happens at night when I'm in my bed, but I've read that some mites are nocturnal. I think they might be biting my cat, too, as she'll jump up like she got jabbed with a hot poker and zoom around my apartment, stopping occasionally to bite her bottom. I don't think its fleas as I have never once received any bites on my ankles or legs and I looked in the white parts of her fur - no flea evidence there. Hmm...

Though I can't completely relax because I am still getting bitten, I am trying to accept the expertise of the canine detection service I used and trust that I do not have bedbugs.

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 16:07:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Follow up with passive monitors for bed bug activity

Try some commercial flat sticky traps to see if you can capture other specimens like mites or fleas.

Use a flea comb to check your cat... There are inexpensive electric flea traps that might prove useful.

Try hanging sticky yellow fly ribbon to check for flying biting insects.

Are you exposed to mosquitoes when you are outdoors?

Here are some links for articles on unidentified insect bites

Basically, we need to try to capture a specimen of the pest within the indoor environment to be able to identify the source of unidentified bites.

http://citybugs.tamu.edu/factsheets/biting-stinging/others/ent-3006/

http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/bedbugs-lice-mites

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/entfactpdf/ent58.pdf

3. iseriouslyneversleep

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 21 2010 22:27:14
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for the info, ill try to get a specimen. trying to stay positive! i keep wondering if maybe i only have a bunch of clear nymph bedbugs that the PCO couldnt see and i can't see, but the dog would have smelled it, i'm assuming. or hoping. part of me wants to find out what is biting me and part of me is scared to find out...that it might still be bedbugs and the PCO and dog missed something.

so sick of having to take sleeping pills just to get through the night and its so embarrassing when there are bites on my neck or face.

4. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 22 2010 2:51:19
    #

Login to Send PM

You would see them

There would also be small fecal traces.

The pale nymphs are only about 1 mm long, but they turn red after feeding and get darker as they molt and grow larger.

Bed bugs are visible at all stages of growth.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714